Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run w/e 11/11 (Read 288 times)

Those photos are incredible, aren't they, Arla?  I'd love to do that race some day.  Thinking . . .  thinking . . . thinking . . .

I was suppose to get up and run this a.m., but rolled over when the alarm went off at 4:30.  Good thing, too, as The Hub said it was pouring down rain and 39 degrees.  Will go out for a run after work, although it'll still be raining.  But it's easier to get out in the cold after work than from a warm, cozy bed.  Smile

Have a good weekend ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Here are a couple more Moab pictures.  I totally loved this race - you guys should definitely come out and run it someday!

In this picture, if you look out in the distance you can see some little white dots on the left side above the cliffs... those are runners way ahead of me.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

I double dog dare ya'll to join us out there for a Moab trail run next Nov!! Wink

I think it should be a 2013 gathering...not so high in elevation as to hinder any serious flatlanders, although....the fun factor is a bit higher than most!

DH & I hit a nice little 10K for the Veteran's Day festivities in Scottsbluff, NE...kewl peeps, some fun door prizes, good times on the irrigation canal road - once again, right past our old house! Doug got a nice PR & 3rd AG (48:10)...I kept it pretty moderate (breakfast bubbles) & got a 2nd AG....dare I mention that there were only two in my AG? & that we stayed pretty close together the whole time? Whateva!

.... off to do a cpl dozen massages - or so Wink

Have a Great Wknd & Happy Veteran's Day! Smile

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Cindy- An AG is an AG, no matter who, what, where, how many.

Carolyn - I would LOVE to do that race someday.

8 wonderful trail miles this morning out at Headwaters.  Managed a 13:55 overall pace, which is fine by me. The sun was shining, everything was so crisp and clean after our first rains, my body felt good.  There's a steady climb beginning at Mile 4, and coming down is a downhill runner's dream.  I was listening to the 3NJ's, but turned them off for the mile of downhill just to enjoy the sheer joy and freedom I was feeling.  Approve

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

I had a decent run week, right at 20 again mostly shorter frequent runs and that is ok for awhile. I had a "finally feel like a runner again" day yesterday and those have been few and far between this year. We have some November temps this morn in the low teens after what seems like an endless summer so will head out for a longer run when it warms up. Now I need to work on the diet and strength training/pt. Ordered some new shoes, some of my old standbys are getting hard to find and fat boys with bad mechanics like me probably won't tolerate all the minimal stuff out there not that I want to strap bricks on my feet, just something in between.

Other than tapping a high voltage line while winterizing my sprayer not much exciting. Crawled out and when I thought about what had happened got very weak in the knees, not my day to go I guess. Still dry.

more later.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III