Masters Running

A Rugged Beauty --Promise Land 50k RR (Read 235 times)

GreenMan

Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      JJJessee, I should have waited to read this while waiting at an airport, but I couldn't resist (I am sure I'll read this again a few times). You write such wonderful reports and your experiences on the trails and over hill and dale are incomparable. You capture the challenge and beauty of all this so well. Congratulations on racing well and celebrating even better. Karin

King of PhotoShop

Never mind the race JJJ. That sexy opening paragraph had me riveted. Great job on the race, but even better on the report! Spareribs
          Wow! I am a fan not only of your abilities as a runner and a writer but of your running style. Everyone has a personality and yours is intrigueing to say the least. Congrats on a great race and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Sorry I never got over to the race to support you as I had intended. I got tied up with some other commitments that I had for the same day. Congratulations on the race. I certainly do appreciate your style of racing and reporting. Joey
            Vista
              This was my favourite line: "When you think you’ve captured that vision of beauty standing by your car at a scenic overlook, deep beauty is still running wild and free." And you conquered your jewel-clad mistress. Wonderful run and wonderful report, as always. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

an amazing journey followed by an even more amazing race report!! congrats on blowing away the time limit and for enjoying the beauty of the race!!

denise

hi JJJesse, I knew you'd do well on this race. You and your Iron Mt. Dead Guys rock! Thanks so much for bringing us a view of a race that few of us will ever experience. Interesting food you get on the course (hamburgers!). I hope you take the full 27 days (and change) to recover from this race. Bushwhacking sounds like a lot of fun, as does biking. You live near some beautiful country.

The Jogger

jjj, what a tough cookie you are that must be one of the most scenic courses. Tough Guy, well done Roy
                      Wow, jjj, that was one tough race. I was entranced by your report and the attitude you had during the race. I felt I was with you and could picture parts of what you observed. You hit the aid stations ahead of your goals and even enjoyed a "waterfall" experience along the way. Congratulations. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

I'll say it over here, too. Wow! What an adventure!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."