Masters Running

Monday November 17 Snowy Runs and Workouts (Read 34 times)

mrrun glad you liked it.  That recipe is one of my favorites!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

I was a weather wimp today, believe it or not!   Cold and windy, and I took the dogs for a 1 mile walk, and decided that was enough!

I'm excited for the Philly marathon runners - Deez, Aamos, OrangeMat,  - who else?

Congrats to Tramps and Stumpy on good finishes at the Richmond marathon, and nice that you got together!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

janie b good

4" snow back home per my son (Columbus, OH).

3.27 miles in balmy, 75* weather here (Charleston, SC).  cold front hits tomorrow-- high 54*.  still planning on heading over to folly beach!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Snow and cold here in SW MN. I have no ambition to go out and run. Actually have no time either with the Orchestra concert coming up next Tuesday then foot surgery on Wednesday. I did get out on Friday for a run after work with Bandit. She is a real pain to run with lately, too slow! Anyway, I saw two boys out on the bay at dusk with a dog and a flashlight. This was less than 2 days after the lake froze over this year. I wanted to scold them but just kept a mother's eye on them. I did have a chance to give them a talking to on the other side of the path but they seemed to know everything, even said that their dad told them to go out there.  I guess I am thankful for the cold so that these lads were safe.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Starr, sometimes there's nothing you can do, you can't fix stupid. I heard a phrase recently that I actually like... "not my circus, not my monkeys." Seems to come in handy sometimes.

Another beautiful sunny day here. Had a nice afternoon run of 6.1 miles at probably the warmest time of the day. Can't believe that in a week we'll be in Hawaii!!

Mariposai

Erika, enjoy Hawaii.

Star, good luck with the concert and best of wishes with the surgery.

Janie b good, you sure hare having some warm weather spell there.

Twocat, don't spoil my fun.

Wildchild, you are not a wimp. Enjoy the snow. We still have none around here.

Gym diva night was fun with some girlfriends who have decided to join me at the free gym. 1 mile of running and then some serious yoga and upper body weight session. The temps are getting warmer, so there is hope for me to run outside soon.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Holly, that's a nice picture.

Holy Sweet Swag, Roch.

Very cool, Tramps.

I hope you enjoy Hawaii, Erika.

Blood drive after work. Snow removal cross training. Then hunkering down.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

mrrun glad you liked it.  That recipe is one of my favorites!

May I have the recipe?

Erika - sounds wonderful - enjoy!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."