Masters Running

Weds 9/3 - Short week - Hump day already (Read 414 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

ditto what Bill sayz.... that' what it's all about Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Wednesday - 6.08 Miles - 51:24 (8:27) Avg HR 126 Max HR 139 - 74 degrees and low humidity - this was a relatively easy one for me today.

King of PhotoShop

You're a good runner Deez. Remember that. I don't know for the life of me what got me humming this tune today: Ecce Macdonaldus Senex, qui fundum habet. Et in hoc fundo, nonullas boves domesticas habet. Cum moo moo hic, cum moo moo ibi. Hic una moo, ibi una moo, ubique una moo moo. Macdonaldus Senex fundum habet. Et in hoc fundo, nonullos porcos habet. Ni oink oink hic, ni oink oink ibi. Ubi sunt porci quiquimodo? etc. Spareribs
          I think I wanna temporarily run away from my life . . . .you wanna come with Erika? Seems we both could use an escape for a bit. Maybe we could go do something crazy, like take a latin class for the fun of it.
          Please, could I come? There's similarly some carpy things going on here I could use a break from, AND Borger there in Florida is seemingly happy to have us. (Let's wait until storms pass over, tho Shocked). Only my high school Latin teacher said I recited with a "western" accent Embarrassed. I'd just moved to the Boston area from Detroit. grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles
          evanflein

Sure, we'll wait till it's a little cooler here, too, then FL will seem heavenly! So... Tammy, Aamos and I are gonna go play hooky from life for a bit. Hold the fort down here for awhile (heh, like we do so much of that, right). I did get out at lunch and it was a good run. 6.3 miles, 8:10 avg pace, 62F and sunny. That's what I needed. Turned into a bit of a tempo run with mile 5 at 8:00 and mile 6 at 7:39 (downhill trend or flat, so cheating a bit). Felt good though. Ready for the afternoon now.
              This is a late post for a morning run. My wife and I took her dad (94 years old) to have lunch with his younger brother (age 90) and younger sister (age 87). We enjoyed the lunch and company as much as they did. DH, I'm glad to hear your teaching career got off to a good start. I hope the next 9 months go as well. jlynne, congrats on the 1000 miles for the year to date and a new distance PR for every mile from here on out. perch, sorry to hear about your leg problems. I hope you caught it in time and the time off takes care of it. Nice races for lame, tet, enke, Twocat and Aamos. Twocat, your comments about injuries were very good. hallar, I hope your leg/calf/AT problems are short lived. Take care of it. Sue, it sounds like you got a good fitness evaluation. DickyG, congrats to you and your softball team. Nice long runs for slogino,Peter, breger, Twocat, CNY, and deez (and a great attitude). Good job on the speedwork forTall, BC, maine, and busi. This morning, it was in the low to mid 60s and calm. I got in 6 miles in a bit over 58 minutes for a 9:41 pace. It felt a little hard, but I got it done. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Denise, thanks for your post. I needed that! I had to WALK some on my 6.2-mile treadmill run yesterday and I was bumming about it. But you're right - it doesn't matter! DS16 came in while ago and said, "Hey, I was just looking at our family photo from 5 years ago. Wow, you look SO much better now. Oh, my goodness! You had an extra flap of skin on your chin! Have you LOOKED at that photo??" Big grin Bless that boy.
                  Tim, on one run of mine there's a flock of chickens that come to the road to greet me....problem is, it's at the top of a pretty demanding hill (rises 350' in a mile).....so I'm always winded and empty handed when they say hello. Tongue Lots of deer around here....but I've never gotten that close to one. 9.8 miles today, late, sluggish run, 1:31:34.....took me about three miles to feel warmed up, but got a nice sunset out of it. Later, Walt
                    Twocat that was a great 20k you ran Congrats Smile Denise your running is terrific, keep up the good work Smile Ribs is that pig & cow Latin? Dicky congrats on the softball victory OLD GUYS ROCK! Big grin Speaking of rock my ears are still ringing from Lynyrd Skynyrd concert Monday nite Cool 6 mile run tonite with middle 3 at tempo pace then dinner w/ the running gang

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Running Club night--prolly pushed it too much after race on Monday, but felt peppy! 6 miles in 46:30, and the first 3 were slower: 8:30/8:07/7:54/7:22/7:32/7:07 158 AHR, got up to 180. Sox come from behind and sweep the Orioles! grins, A ps: our little guy Pedroia hit clean up this weekend and drew an intentional pass--the opposing pitcher said later: "first time I ever walked a Jockey!."
                      Masters 2000 miles
                      Mariposai

6 miles as a test run tonight. Body is still unhappy with me, specially the hip and legs. More rest day tomorrow and then another test run on Friday Dead.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Tim, kewl run with the deer. It's good to read a post from you Tammy. Scheduled rest day. There was nothing heavy at work, however, my back is tweeked. Must be from bouncing around in the truck.

SteveP