Masters Running

Fall Friday, 9.21.12 (Read 368 times)

Henrun

I thought I would let other Canadians answer. Actually I must admit I didn't know.
    Tramps

Darn, late to the party.  And I would have known Canada.  Monday Night Football, not so much.

I got a new PC tower and it took a good chunk of a day to get files transferred, software loaded, drivers installed, peripherals working, etc. etc.  You don't realize how dependent you are on these things until they're gone.

Busy week but I've been sneaking in my runs when I can.  Easy 5 today.

Be safe. Be kind.

Bushrat Runner

Haven't run this week...packed a moose 1/2 mile on Monday after cleaning it in a swamp Sunday afternoon...the pack made me sore for a couple days. Then actually got a little rested Tuesday but Wednesday and Thursday after work we were carving moose for six or more hours before getting up with too little sleep and racing off to work. So...I'm going to go home and sleep tonight...running resumes over the weekend...but the freezer is full, and then some between the salmon and now this.

Marathon Maniac #957

According to a report by CNBC, what country was the United States' biggest trading partner in 2011? 

I asked my DH this and he got it right immediately.  Surprised the heck out of me.  I need to pass on more of these trivia questions to him....

I'm in the process of sorting and uploading my Alaska pics to Flikr so I can post them here.  So many pics, but I will try to trim down to a reasonable number.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

rhoon phast yep a vegetarian I would be if I lived your life!  Kill a moose.  Nope.  Nothing personally against moose hunting just not sure I could shoot.  I could cook it though!  Smoke it obviously given where you are!  How is the supply of mesquite wood in Alaska?

Spareribs man another rare question I knew the answer to and as always too late to get credit.  Sad

I am here at the airport waiting for the DCA to LGA shuttle to leave.  I am on the 7pm shuttle and it should board in about 35 minutes.  But then then 6pm flight should be boarded by now and it is not even at the gate.  So we will see if the holdup is unique to the 6pm flight or systematic.  Funny, I asked about moving my ticket from the 7pm to 6pm flight.  US Air wanted $275 for the privilege.  Even then I knew the flight was delayed at least 15 minutes so they wanted $275 to save me 45 minutes!  Yea, right.  Not a chance!

No running today or tomorrow per my promise to myself to make sure my ankle totally healed up.  It does seem fine but I am not taking any chances by starting back up in under a week.  Easy for me to miss tomorrow as I am a bit vexed at a change in policy at the local joggers club.  It used to be free with voluntary donations collected around December and June to pay for the coffee and bagels offered post run.  Our dear leader got fed up trying chase people down in order to collect enough money.   (I bake muffins almost every week I show up and I do not drink the coffee at all and the bagels only rarely plus I run the web page so when asked I basically said I already gave at the office but my DW contributed quite a bit.)  Anyway, dear leader decided that new members should pay an annual $50 in dues.  My view was we should first try putting out donation trays.  One for coffee and one for bagels.  In front put a little sign saying, "It costs us X for Y.  Please donate funds in advance if you want Y after future runs.  Thank you."  See if this alone worked to bring in enough money.  If it did, good we are done.  My guess is that it would actually bring in a monetary surplus.  However if it did not raise sufficient funds, then go ahead and require everybody to pay an annual fee to cover the club's costs.  But I am not comfortable imposing a mandatory membership fee as a first resort (without even trying a voluntary system) and I really uncomfortable having new members essentially subsidize existing members.  Given this dispute I am planning to pay the fee since I do not want others subsidizing my membership.  Then I plan to end my role as webmaster and muffin baker.  If he does not want a volunteer based system then who am I to stop him?  Yes, I am very ticked off about this.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck pfrieze!  What a stud!

09/22 pfriese - Rock & Roll Denver Half Marathon, Denver CO (7:15 am)

09/22 pfriese - Oktoberfest 5K, Highlands Ranch CO (12:30)

Good luck to everybody else, too!

09/22 deez4boyz -  Lobster Dash, Ogunquit, Maine

09/22 SLOjim - Anaheim's Fest of Ales and Beer Run 5K, Anaheim, CA

09/22 OrangeMat - Haworth 5k, Haworth NJ

09/22 Opie - 5k Cross-Country Race, Oklahoma City, OK

09/23 Coastwalker - Kittery Seaside 4 Miler, Kittery, ME

09/23 TammyinGP - The Rogue Run HM, Medford OR

pfriese

Good luck pfrieze!  What a stud!

09/22 pfriese - Rock & Roll Denver Half Marathon, Denver CO (7:15 am)

09/22 pfriese - Oktoberfest 5K, Highlands Ranch CO (12:30)

Don't congratulate me yet.... We'll have to see how I feel after the half. Beer is involved with both though.

Mariposai

Good luck to all the racers this week!

Roon, the day you come to visit your family, please bring a chunk of that moose meat. I would rather enjoy tasting moose meat someday.

Of course, I am totally lost with the trivia questions.

Twocat, I sure hope your flight came in ontime. And good luck with your club issues. I would hate to never have to have a "Friday night muffins report again" just because a crazy dude decided to impose dues to new comers Blush.

Well, the air condition is getting better around this area. The air quality is now qualified no longer as dangereous (funny of all the area afected, we have it best...Sleepy...I can't not imagine living in Wenatchee and other areas now. where one can not even see the neighbor's house across the street).

I had the afternoon off, so I decided to do some gymming. 7 miles on the TM while listening to great Alt. Rock music and then some weights.

Now I am ready for the hectic, but fun filled weekend activities to start. Tonight  we have a birthday party to go to,  tomorrow: a baby shower in the AM. Two weddings in the afternoon. Our son is coming over with friends to go to one of the weddings. Our friends from Sequim are coming over tonight to go to the other wedding with us. Thank goodness the wedding is in the woods and I will spend the whole day breathing "clean air tomorrow" hurrah!!!.

Having the house full of guess is always so much fun. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Okay.
                    I guess my question was not too popular.

So I'll just give the answer and back away from posing trivia questions.

On 21 September, 1970, the Cleveland Browns hosted the New York Jets in the first Monday Night Football game. The Browns won. 

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

The BAA has announced that registration for the 2013 marathon will reopen on Monday. That means, as soon as they verify my Grandma's marathon time, that I am in! Big grin As they say the fourth time is the charm. This time I am running it even if I die beforehand. I am putting into my will that my body should be pushed along the course if necessary!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I'm woefully behind, but at first, I thought the talk was about real apples.  Had to go back and read better. Blush

TK - I agree that new members should not have to subsidize current members.  If there's a membership fee, everyone pays it.

I'm coming late to the game, and I'm tired.  Bookkeeping Friday always beats me up.

3 EZ this a.m., 20 solo miles out in the wilds on the logging roads tomorrow out in Trinidad.  I have my iPOD loaded with podcasts, but rarely do I listen to it on long runs. It's also deer hunting season, so I need to keep eyes AND ears open.  Thankfully, to hunt on this property, folks have to (a) have permission and (b) have a key to the gates.  Me?  I just run on. Big grin

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Now I am ready for the hectic, but fun filled weekend activities to start. Tonight  we have a birthday party to go to,  tomorrow: a baby shower in the AM. Two weddings in the afternoon. Our son is coming over with friends to go to one of the weddings. Our friends from Sequim are coming over tonight to go to the other wedding with us. Thank goodness the wedding is in the woods and I will spend the whole day breathing "clean air tomorrow" hurrah!!!.

Having the house full of guess is always so much fun. 

I'm exhausted just reading this.... Smile

Buehrle - I am no help at all when it comes to sports related questions....actually, I'm not much good at any of these trivia questions.  Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."