Masters Running

Thu Mar 6 Runs and Workouts (Read 613 times)

I just checked the weather forecast for the race I'm planning on doing this Saturday.... 2-3 inches of rain with heavy wind. Break out the oars. I hope everyone has a great evening! Smile
    Hey Bob, if you're a mudder, you'll be fine...otherwise I hope you get better weather! By the way, your post from last week about the schoolkids was very touching and I'm surprised at how open you were about your feelings. Most people around me just rush around and don't stop or think or feel. Thanks for being a human being.

GreenMan

DW and I made it home from the midwest, a work related trip. I did 8 suffering miles, I'm still not over the cold and/or the 50k maybe. S'ribs, I tried to tell DW the joke, but I must have told it wrong. Black eye Lookin' good btb jjj
      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
        Hey Bob, if you're a mudder, you'll be fine...otherwise I hope you get better weather!
        His mudder was a mudder. His mudder was a mudder? (Abbot and Costello, circa I don't have a clue)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

total for the day=31 miles a new PR for me
          Overachiever!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

King of PhotoShop

home (with detour) in 2:13...ran to and from my main office/hospital today-much easier running in the light of day. 16 miles in the pm total for the day=31 miles a new PR for me Have a good evening people!
            I said it over on Kick and I will say it here, nice going Dale. I think it's fun to try something unusual like this. A very long run in the morning, work all day on your feet, then a very long run at the end of the day. This is a cruel test, but underneath it is this sense of excitement, to see if you can do it, or what you can do. I bet this was a thriller of a day for you. Typical of you, you understate it, but it would be fun if tomorrow you gave us a bit more of the details, the prep, what was fun, what got in the way, etc. This is a good running story. Spareribs
            btb1490

home (with detour) in 2:13...ran to and from my main office/hospital today-much easier running in the light of day. 16 miles in the pm total for the day=31 miles a new PR for me Have a good evening people!
              You're the reason why many non-runners think runners are crazy you know.... you aren't helping our cause any. Wink Awesome! Cool
              PJH

Late post ... 9.0 mi in 1:23:47 .... w/u 2.8 mi @ 9:48 w/hr 133 ... 3.2 mi @tempo pace 7:57 w/hr 160 ...3.1 mi c/d @ 10:07 w/hr 142 Tempo portion was fairly tough tonight. There is a nice 1/4 mi fairly steep hill in the loop that we do. By the third loop, it looked even steeper. Always happy to get through a workout like this with nothing more than just being a little tired. Nice running today, gang! PJ
                  missed 2 days of workouts here due to my work schedule, wake and funeral - just couldn't squeeze anything else in...........today 8 miles outside with avg pace of 9:33 min/mile - felt great to be outside just came in from a wonderful italian dinner at Maggiano's in Boston for a bridal shower dinner and now can hear my bed calling my name.............sweet dreams everyone!!

denise

His mudder was a mudder. His mudder was a mudder? (Abbot and Costello, circa I don't have a clue)
                    SNORK!
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

<quote pid="78a814301f344224a330384227bb4c58<b>teresa</b>, good job on the 8 miler. your ds isn't emarrassed to be seen running with his mother??? my dd tries to pretend she doesn't know me when we go to the rec center together. doesn't work very well, because anyone who knows one of us, knows both of us.</quote> well, i did notice that he walked a little first, to let me get ahead a good distance! he didn't mind running on the tm next to me at the y, though. it did my heart good one day when he said, "i just don't get it - some of the kids at school were talking about how they hate their parents. how can they feel that way?" i'll get my turn - the middle child is going to be 13 in 11 days, and he's a different story! pid="78a814301f344224a330384227bb4c58<b>Teresa</b>, good job on the 8 miler. Your DS isn't emarrassed to be seen running with his mother??? My DD tries to pretend she doesn't know me when we go to the rec center together. Doesn't work very well, because anyone who knows one of us, knows both of us.</quote> Well, I did notice that he walked a little first, to let me get ahead a good distance! He didn't mind running on the TM next to me at the Y, though. It did my heart good one day when he said, " i="" just="" don't="" get="" it="" -="" some="" of="" the="" kids="" at="" school="" were="" talking="" about="" how="" they="" hate="" their="" parents.="" how="" can="" they="" feel="" that="" way?"="" i'll="" get="" my="" turn="" -="" the="" middle="" child="" is="" going="" to="" be="" 13="" in="" 11="" days,="" and="" he's="" a="" different=""></quote pid="78a814301f344224a330384227bb4c58<b>teresa</b>, good job on the 8 miler. your ds isn't emarrassed to be seen running with his mother??? my dd tries to pretend she doesn't know me when we go to the rec center together. doesn't work very well, because anyone who knows one of us, knows both of us.</quote> well, i did notice that he walked a little first, to let me get ahead a good distance! he didn't mind running on the tm next to me at the y, though. it did my heart good one day when he said, "i just don't get it - some of the kids at school were talking about how they hate their parents. how can they feel that way?" i'll get my turn - the middle child is going to be 13 in 11 days, and he's a different story!>
                      evanflein

5 miles nice n' easy. I love the time cook feature on my oven. Got a chicken all prepped to roast, put it in the oven and set it to delay the roast cycle for half an hour. Came home 45 minutes later to a half roasted chicken, it smelled wonderful! I had time to rest up a bit, drink water, take a quick shower and get the sides/salad all ready while chicken finished and rested. Makes "multi-tasking" very easy! I was pretty good tonight, didn't push the speed. On the way down the hill saw 7:45 on my garmin and made the effort to slow down, even going downhill. Took it nice and easy on the 2 miles back up the hill, which was good cuz it was slick. Temps about 38 or so...