Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 5.9.14 (Read 37 times)

Ribs!  So happy to see you in here again.  Keep on walking and you'll eventually start to move all that gas out.  I had lots of pent up gas when I had my gall bladder surgery.  Put many miles on my living room.  Soon you'll be all, "Yea, flatulence!!"

Happy Retirement, Bill!  When's the final move?

Jay's just too lazy, that's what I think.

8 sticky, humid predawn miles this morning. Coach's words of wisdom were to just run the miles, don't worry about heart rate. So I pushed it more than I normally would (unless I'm specifically doing speed work), and I powered up some climbs I usually walk to keep the HR down. My overall pace wasn't what I had hoped for, but then again if I factor in my 5 minutes of power walking to warm up at the beginning and then the two climbs, it's not really that bad, and I'm very happy with how strong I felt going up the hills.

Got home and stepped on the scales - - - broke 140 for the first time in years!! 139.9. Yeah, as close as you can get to 140 without actually BEING 140, and I'm taking it! All my hard work and new nutrition plan are paying off, and hopefully the overall results will be a great run at Mt. Hood  in July.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

Byll-congrats on your retirement-I don't miss working.

Ribs-congrats on your recovery-you'll be back on the roads with renewed vigor.

Finally over my extended jet lag. After 2 days of running (a 5 miler yesterday) went to the Y for Yoga and a swim this afternoon.

......YAY Ribbs//////

..........YAY Burger//////////

.............and YAY Ever'body else///////////

=============

doodley squat here

tomorrow

hoping to work up to Squat

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Maybe you could start at "Stoop" and work your way to Squat?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Today is my last day of work as I retire officially.  I'm feeling fairly melancholy and happy at the same time.  It is amazing to think that this many years have flown by.  Lots of friends, coworkers, and tons of lines of code later I arrive at this day.  Life is an Adventure and we're embarking on our next one.  I'm sure it will be every bit as interesting and exciting as the previous Adventures.

6 very slow miles running this morning.

Bill

Congrats on your retirement, enjoy!

I'll be joining you in the ranks of retirees at the end of June. I'm also feeling melancholy, excited, and anxious about retiring.

Paul

Mariposai

......YAY Ribbs//////

..........YAY Burger//////////

.............and YAY Ever'body else///////////

=============

I did run a 10 miler today by mistake.

It goes like this...

4 planned post marathon recovery run--planned

1 hour of massage

6 miles running date with the Easy Pacer (I did not received the date invitation until I got back home from my massage appt.

. Never to waste a running date...off I went running Smile)

When I got back home and started my weekend project...which is planting small trees and playing in the dirt in my backyard.

Ohh, wait...I have to work tomorrow  so my weekend project will be continue on Sunday.

Go racers go!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Congratulations to all the new and impending retirees! I can't wait to join you, but have a few years left. There will be no melancholy for me. I'll be more than ready.

This was a really busy week at work. Just almost over the edge busy. And so much that should've gotten done, is left undone. Holly, we're nearing the end of our open enrollment period, and this week was full of questions on the phone, e-mail and walk-ins. Did two presentations to employees about the process, and we're not even changing much this year. But our new wellness program triggers lots of questions. I'm good with it and I've actually gotten to enjoy doing these. Today was my own building, so a "friendly" audience, and we had a good time.

Left at 3:30 to go out for a run. Really needed it, and didn't want to wait till after work. I work thru lunch pretty much every day, and leave for my runs most days between 5:30 or 6. Today I felt like I wanted to get out mid-day so we could go home shortly after 5, like normal people. Left at 5:45.... but still, close enough.

5.3 miles with miles 3, 4 and 5 all sub-8 as I took advantage of a good tail wind and downhill trend in mile 3. Hey, I'll take what I can get!

Mariposai

Erika, you have my admiration!!! Just reading your post made me want to lace up my running shoes.

Byll, now that you are retired, I hope you do plan a race in the PNW so we can finally meet you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Congratulations to all the new and impending retirees! I can't wait to join you, but have a few years left. There will be no melancholy for me. I'll be more than ready.

I'm Melancholy only because of the many firends I'm leaving behind.  Believe me I am ready and have been for a long time.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong