Masters Running

Weekly Run & X-training Thread w/e Feb 17th (Read 286 times)

Sorry about the late start gang... BTY-26 miles + 83 pushups...great start Dutchie42-36.38 miles inc.28K long run...nice evanflein-45 miles or close enough with those brutal temps evryday-30 miles...holding steady JJJesse-33.25 miles...and some rest lyndenrunner-38 miles Nowor-10 miles + yoga + classes...the miles will come pfriese-46.8 miles...Mr. Consistency Sarge-31.9 miles...Welcome seemomgo-14 miles...feeling better!!! SteveP-12.65 miles...glad she got to keep the baby Tetsujin209-8.2 miles...in fun-lovin,feet squishin style Dark Horse-Where art thou? We miss you... Keep it fun folks and get to the starting line healthy...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:17 Tue-Rest Wed-9@8:14 Thur-5@7:45 Fri-5@7:55 Sat-10@9:06 Sun-6.2@7:50 Total=40.2 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Dutchie42

Good morning Gordon. And thank you for the summary. Mon.....skipped my 45 min swim training. Went to bed early. Not a good start of the week. Tue.....3.5K of hilly intervals on the TM. Plus upper body endurance strength training incl. abs. Wed....10.4K out with the dogs in the fog. Very surreal. Then intervals on the TM. Total mileage today 15.5K. And I got a new job, yeah. close to home, so now I can bike to work again! Thu.....Had a headache and fell asleep. When I woke up I missed half of my 60min swim class allready. Fri........skipped my run too.... What's wrong with me??? Sat.......10.4K in the freezing cold. Upped my Saturday mileage to make up for yesterday's missed run. Sun.....

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

SteveP

I'm starting to wonder if Dark Horse was tricked into saying his name backwards and returned to his home planet Monday - 4.92 Tuesday - 0 Wednesday - 6.39 Thursday - 3.06 Friday - 0 Saturday - 4.18 Sunday - 0 Total 18.55 Thanks Gordon.

SteveP

Thanks LDR Mon.....rest.............rest Tues....3 miles..........evryday is temporarily out of action Wed.....6miles..........still out of action Thurs....rest............yep...ooa Frid......6 miles.........no run Sat.......rest............no run Sun......9 miles........no run Total zero
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            seemomgo

Hi Gang! Thanks Gordon. Looking forward to a healthy week of running! Monday...3 Tuesday..3 Weds ....3 Thurs....4 walk + 4 run Friday...0 Sat......14 Sun......2 33 total for the week
              evanflein

Hey Gordon! Late to the party again! I seem to be doing really badly at my XT efforts the last couple of weeks. Working on speed runs to get ready for the Ragnar Relay at the end of the month... Monday...XT............turned into a rest day Tuesday...5.............5.53 with 10k pace mile repeats (2.5 of 'em) with MP rests Wednesday..9.........10.57 mile progressive tempo run, 8:49 m/m to start, worked up to 8:00 for mile 9, last 1.57 @8:49 Thursday...5..........5.1 miles EZ, was real good and left the speed-up button alone Friday...Rest.........With an empty house (DH and DS2 gone), puttered around the house Smile Saturday...9..........9 miles of hills... Sunday....19.........20 miles; I did switch this week's long run with next week's If I switch this Sunday's 12 with next weekend's 19, or 20, that way I can have a "mini-taper" week before the Relay. Might be a good idea. Also takes the pressure off a bit to squeeze in 20 on the Sunday morning after the relay before I catch plane home...
                BTY

Hi Gordon. Hoping to hold this momentum, but I'm nursing a swollen and purple foot. Embarrassed Angry and Sad Sunday...............rest Monday..............4 miles easy running (rest) Tuesday.............5 miles with fartlek (rest) Wednesday.........4 miles easy running Thursday............5 miles easy running Friday................4 miles easy running Saturday............7 miles Planned.............29 miles Executed........... bty

GreenMan

Thanks Lynd, Monday.......................rest................. ..........rest and massage Tuesday........................6.................. ...........6 ....HR looked a bit high Wednesday....................5.............................0 Thursday.......................4 Friday..........................rest Saturday......................50K++ Sunday......................2 inches Shocked
                    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                    pfriese

lyndenrunner, thanks for the totals and comments.
                      DayMilesComment
                      Mondayrest day
                      Tuesday8.1 miles running8:45/mile avg pace
                      Wednesday10.4 miles running9:20/mile avg pace
                      Thursdayrest day
                      Fridayrest day
                      Saturday15.0 miles running9:52/mile avg pace
                      Sunday7.75 miles running9:09 avg pace
                      Total41.3 miles runningDONE
                      Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

0 - back to taperin' after already hittin' double figures for the month in last weekend's 10 mile virtual contribution to Mariposai's Maraton Internacional Paraguay.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

nowor

Thanks Gordon. My goals are so different from most of the Masters that I feel odd about posting at all, but this thread really keeps me at it. This week was wet windy weather, but ended w/ a very nice run. Monday-2mi TM Tues-strength training and ball/core classes Wed-4 mi TM while watching the liar (Which one?) Thurs-ball/core class AM; yoga PM Fri-6 mi outdoor run. Windy but I didn't miss the gym at all! Sun-yoga Summary-12 mi plus stuff
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Monday - 3.1 miles on TM Tuesday - 5.1 miles on VERY icy roads - ugh Thursday - 5.1 miles on TM Friday - 3.2 miles on TM Saturday - 7.1 miles on TM (personal record for length/time of running) TOTAL: 23.6 miles (a record for me) Whew, this is definitely addicting! Big grin