Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E NOV.9TH (Read 412 times)

Sometimes I just forget ... DarkHorse-21 miles + 80 pushups and situps + 30 armcurls and lat pulldowns....nothing girly bout that dg-4.625 miles + walking + stuff...the stretch is hard to explain,but it works really well Dutchie-5K...It looks like that is what your foot needed evanflein-36 miles + 15 min pool + 20 min weights...including NYC marathon...great week eliz-7.1 miles + 1.1 walking including a 5K and Philly parade watching evryday-16 miles ...nice fatozzig-22.69 miles + 2 hours core...good job on the trails lyndenrunner-48 miles nowor-17 miles + stuff...one day I'll get there pfriese-51.9 miles...another superb week Paul tetsujin-tapering...yep I'm doing the half sorry I was so late with the tallies folks
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-6@8:01 Tue-8@7:44 Wed-6@8:04 Thur-Rest Fri-4@8:18 Sat-12@9:26 Sun-11@7:57 Total=47 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: nothing Tuesday: 3 miles running cross-country, 3 miles running on the treadmill Wednesday: 5 miles running on the treadmill, 200 pushups, 200 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 50 wrist barbell curls Thursday: 2 miles running cross-country, 4 miles running on streets Friday: nothing Saturday: 200 pushups, 200 situps, 60 leg curls, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 50 wrist barbell curls Sunday: 5 miles running cross-country Totals: 22 miles running, 400 pushups, 400 situps, 60 leg curls, 60 barbell curls, 60 lat pulldowns, 60 squats, 100 wrist barbell curls 27 miles so far this month. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        Dutchie42

Thanks again Gordon, hope my R-foot shuts up and lets me run. I'm a member of the 2000K group, but I lost that race already. So I'm just trying to get as close as possible now. Mon....8K easy run. An out and back route where I ran the second half 3:09min faster than the first half. R-foot seems OK. Plus a 30min LB strength w/o. I already ran more than I did last week Big grin Tue....no run, to keep my R-foot healthy. Wed...10.2K enjoyable run in a foggy and surreal world, R-foot is still fine, then again, trouble didn't start till after 11K last time. Thu....Strength training: chest/back/shoulders&abs Fri......Got up at 4h45 AM, then went back to bad at 6AM, and woke up again at 7H15AM. Guess the getting out of bed, in bed, out of bed counts as a w/o? Sat....7K run: my feet never found a rhythm, my breathing never found a rhythm, I never found a rhythm Sun...10K easy run with Spooky. Quite enjoyable, despite the rain and the ice coming down (hail). Last 2K were tough. Stupid party food yesterday was bugging me. R-foot is good. Total mileage: 35.2K total and so far, my R-foot is doing well.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks Lyndenrunner! Mon....rest..................sore back has me runless Tues...rest..................nope Wed...rest..................nada Thurs..rest..................nothin' Frid....6 miles...............not yet Sat.... 6miles................nope Sun... 9 miles...............I think I could, but I'm giving it two more days Total....0
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              Monday - puttered around after school too long to get a run in before my night class Sad Tuesday - ran 3.5 & walked 0.6 in the rain Wednesday - straight from after-school rehearsal to night class; the only thing I exercised was my brain, and it's hurts right now! Thursday - taking tomorrow off from work, so I'm pretending tonight's the weekend and slacking in front of the TV; will run in the morning Friday - ran 5.0 (with only one 0.1-mile walk break!) and walked 0.6 - whoo hoo! Saturday - heavy rain + sore foot = light stretching at home Sunday - ran 7.0 on the boardwalk(!) and walked 0.6 Totals: run 15:5; walk 1.8 Next week - shoe shopping! Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

thanks again Gordon! still not out of the woods this week. prolly should be taking it off. but i'm going to try drastically reduced first. shh. be vewy vewy quiet. thanks Leslie! {{{Erika's foot}}} Mon.... nothing. Tues..... 10 min. walk, 2.11 mile run, 25 min. elliptical, 10 min. bike, 2 sets on the weight machines, a couple arm exercises, stab. ball reverse crunches side planks & russian twists. 2 sets of those this time. & stretches. Wed:.... 50 min. Mark Verstegen's prehab. Thurs:....almost like Tuesday. 10 min. walk, 2.5 mile run, 26 min. elliptical, 12 min. bike, everything else just the same, except a little more this time. Fri:..... an evening trip to the gym. it felt weird, because i just wantead to go to sleep before I left. 3.09 miles, 9:36 ap, not too painful! 30 min. elliptical, stretches, whirlpool. Yes Sat:.... 45 min. prehab, 30 minute walk with Sadie. Sun:... 7 mile run by the river, 10:05 ap. 1.25 m. walk. tried to take it slow because of owies.. only meant to do 6. right foot hurts a lot.(new) then to the gym, 31 min. elliptical, 16 bike, 2 sets on weight machines, push ups & pull ups, back lifts, side planks, stretched, then the whirlpool. am a blob. I forgot totals. 14.7 miles running, +/- 4.5 miles walking, 37:38 on the bike, 2:50:39 ellipticalling, 4 hrs. weight machines, stab. ball things, other strength training. or, you could say, stuff.
                  Hi Gang - Hope those with aches and pains start to feel better soon! Mon - Mental Health Day from work and exercise. And boy did it feel good!! Tues - 5 miles w/10 hill repeats (4 long, 6 short), 10:11 ap Wed - 1 hr. core/strength, 30 (looooong) min stationary bike (I need a TV in my workout room Tongue ) Thurs - 6 hilly, humid, leaden legs miles. 10:12 ap, but one of my worst feeling runs in a long time. Fri - Rest Sat - 14-mile tough, tough trail run Sun - Rest

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Ok, post marathon recovery plan is in place... a little more extended than usual. Monday: Rest day (travel home... looooong trip) Tuesday: 45 mins pool running Wednesday: 30 mins pool running Thursday: 50 minutes (14.12 miles) stationary bike, 30+ minutes weights and abs Friday: 20 minutes on the Rowing machine, 20 minutes (5.7 miles) on stationary bike, 5 minute walk c/d Saturday: 50 minutes (15.27 miles) stationary bike, 30+ minutes weights and 15 minutes pool run. Sunday: 35 minutes (4.15 miles) elliptical, 30 mins (8.32 miles) stationary bike, 20 minutes of ab/core stuff and 10 minutes of pool running to finish up. Totals... 1 hr 40 minutes pool running (equiv to about 12 miles running), 2.5 hours on stationary bike (43.4 miles), 20 minutes on rowing machine, 35 minutes elliptical and 1 hr 20 mins weights and ab work. If that's not cross training, I don't know what is!!!
                    pfriese

Thanks Gordon, M - rest day T- 8.3 @ 9:38/mi W - 7.0 @ 9:43/mi Th - 7.9 @ 9:45/mi F - 7.6 @ 9:48/mi Sa - 4.5 @ 10:22/mi Su - 16.2 @ 10:24/mi ____________________________________________ Total - 51.5 miles - Done Paul
                        No tallies yet, and the week is almost over. It's hard to get good help nowadays. Dark Horse
                        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                        nowor

Gordon, I forget too. Definitely you will get to Boston. (No pressure, but I may not be able to clap for too many more years.) Mon-5.5 mi Tues-strength training and core class Wed-7.5 mi Thurs-(sore/core class) AM; yoga -PM Fri-5 mi in the gloaming Summary: 18 spirit lifting mi plus gym stuff

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Lynden - matched last week's perfect taper with another zero for this week too. I am going to be so ready for the Seattle Marathon this year.Smile ps - half starts before full so I'll see you on your way. Now go make it sure with franc and me in ilene's intrepid.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)