Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.15.14 (Read 35 times)

mrrun

Why would you put perfectly good vodka in the freezer or a dark cupboard?  I can think of a lot better places for it!

++++

we put our martini glasses in the freezer, but not the gin.

Ribs - nice tribute.

fortunately the cold is staying out west for a few more days, so ran in capri and vest this afternoon - same black ice that jay and stumpy had this morning had me move my run to later - the joys of retired life!

marj

Relationships seem to come in all types.  But for my two cents they work best when the two people realize they are just that two people.  That means they will have their own lives of which the relationship is but a part.  I am not sure you have to support your spouse in their favorite endeavor, but you cannot inhibit it either.  Of course, if you can bring yourself to support it all the better!  I think the fact that my DW have spent so many years of our relationship apart has helped in the long run by letting us avoid trampling on whatever each of us may wish to do, even if it does not include the other person.  Yes, there is one MAJOR exception but get your minds out of the gutter!

I went off to run this morning.  Alas, like many others I then discovered a thin sheet of ice on the road.  Due to my schedule today my one and only chance to run was an hour before dawn.  Apparently there was a frost last night which slicked the roads.  Most of the time there was a good surface to run on, but every now and then . . . !  I kept thinking that if only the sun would rise a litter sooner all my problems would evaporate!  Here is a picture I took of the frost on someone's lawn at daybreak so you can get some idea as to what was on the road.

Frost in Southport at Daybreak

I survived and get to run another day!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Great article, Ribs.
        Henrun

I enjoyed your article, Ribs. Reminds me of the LOL's (and LOM- guess I'm one of them now) in our 65+runners club. It also reminds me of some of the members of our memoir writing class (a couple of LOL's in their 90's and one who is 102!).

Like Marj I waited for the afternoon and ran in shorts. Pushed it a bit and my usual R knee pain returned- on ice now.

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai and Ribs - here's praying for healing vibes to be headed your way...

Jlynne - silly, but I lately I would just be happy to get the REMOTE CONTROL, for crying out loud.  Yes, we have a TV upstairs but the TV with my DVR'd shows never seems to be accessible to ME.  Silly stuff, I know.

Tonight was DD's 6th grade band concert.  She plays clarinet.  They did a great job!  Four months ago she (and most of the rest) had never picked up an instrument.  Here she is right before the concert.

My beautiful girl, getting so big....

4.1 miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

So...is she trying to look like you, Holly?  Wow--talk about a mini-me.  Yes--she is a very pretty girl.

I had to do my tempo run on the treadmill, tonight.  1.5 miles in 12:25, then 9 miles in 1:01:24, and then, 1.5 miles in 12:53.  I had to stop after 6 miles into the 9 tempo run and run to the bathroom quick, then finished...I didn't really have to go...but I needed the break.

Okay--it's late--I gotta go.

SteveP

DW went with DD#2 for an ultrasound and I was treated to an very excited description of the baby's heart beat.

DD#1 and SIL got to see several baby outfits for her bun in the over. It seems as DW is suggesting that they have a girl. Our nearly 6 YO grandson, Noah, and I were discussing what we were going to name the baby. I think "Robin" has a nice ring to it. Noah shouted, "We're not naming it anything stoopid, Grampy!"

"Well then, how about "Batman?"

"We can't name it a superhero, Grampy. It's just a toddler."

After much discussion, we've narrowed it down to "Fake Claw" or "Tadpole".

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve -   I can hardly believe Noah is almost six already!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."