Masters Running

Thu Dec 4 Runs and Workouts (Read 519 times)

evanflein

Tim, the longest I've done it at one stretch was 2 hours. That was 2 weeks before NYC. I almost lost my mind... JLynne, you've got the same outlook on the temps/conditions as I do! If you think it's cold now, just check the rest of the week's forecast and get your butt out there! Unfortunately, I was stuck at work on probably the nicest winter-running day this week. Larry, it'll be interesting to see what happens with you. Our health plan doesn't require the step therapy that yours apparently does (PT before MRI). We do have a problem with too many MRI's but we took all pre-authorization out of our plan years ago. It really didn't save any money, and most procedures were approved anyway. 4 weeks of intensive PT could exceed the cost of one MRI anyway in some markets... Almost time to go home! This has been a very long day...
      i have totally lost the battle this week -- between conference, work and my son's knee surgery i haven't gotten in any runs or workouts and am eating terribly -- tomorrow going to Maine with a few gf's but will try to get in a run in the morning before we leave then monday it is time to pull it all back together!! bill - i love that cartoon!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #3309

SR at his finest! Another nice 5 mile progression run for me today as I try to get the spring back in my legs...felt much better today, with a 6th mile cool down. Cool 6.02 miles (7:45) - 8:30 - 8:13 - 7:58 - 7:28 - 6:40 - 7:37 - :10 Hey Timbo - remember that you can never really erase anything once you've put it out on the web and I have friends in high places if you know what I mean! Evil grin
        Drats, but hey Bob...it was DickyG that started the whole thing while you was gone....I owe you some money DickyG..Ya take Credit Cards? Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Well, proud to say I got a run in, although at the rec center indoor track. Hey, better than nothing. 3 miles alternating slow and fast half miles, avg pace 9:54. I don't mind the indoor track nearly as much as the treadmill, and it's a good place to do speed work.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

I got a run in, too. But on the stupid treadmills at the club with the sticky/slippy belts and strange speeds. I had it set at 6.8 mph (8:49 pace), 6.9 (8:41 pace) and 7 (8:34 pace) for 6.22 miles (so it said) in 55 minutes. At 30 minutes I got off the one and got on another that felt better. The running log said it was something like 8:51 avg pace for the run... Confused That just doesn't make sense. And it sure was hot in there...
              five birthday miles today on a beautiful sunny afternoon - this had to be one of the prettiest days, with frost on everything in the morning (temperature dropped to 14F last night), followed by gorgeous sunshine and one of the most colorful sunsets ever. good runs, susan

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey Timbo - remember that you can never really erase anything once you've put it out on the web
                No doubt! And once you make that offhand comment, in certain circles it will go around for years behind your back... Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

No doubt! And once you make that offhand comment, in certain circles it will go around for years behind your back... Sad
                  Hey, I never said we said bad things.....only good things could be said about our great guy Bob Wink I most certainly hope Holly that you were just making a lighthearted jab at me, because you of all people know I would never say anything to hurt anyone....I luv everyone, and I just try to be the funny guy somethimes Smile. Well, there was that one issue, but I dropped that one Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Actually Tim, I was thinking more of a comment I made to someone at CR 3 or 4 years ago, disclosing something very personal to me, that I later wished very much that I had never said.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."