Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 1.11.15 (Read 38 times)

Slo

Holly, my DD#1 is a stylist. She hates doing Ombres. Too much chair time and more work than what they can charge for but everybody is doing them so she can't chance charging too much or refusing to do one.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Well, I sure picked that last game wrong.  I hope that's not the last time we see Payton.  It sure was a fun weekend of football.

I ran 8 miles, tonight.  I was almost fooled by the RA weather ap and ran outside.  It said it was 12o but felt like 43o.  I usually don't question these things...but something just didn't seem right...so I ran on the treadmill and finished watching the Packers/Cowboys game.

Okay--I gotta go--I have to Google "Ombre"--see ya!

TomWhite - have I told you lately how awesome I think you are? 

...thanks,

but If Pickles found out some Cute Blonde was telling me I was Awesome, she'd probably shoot me....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

How about a not too bad to look at guy?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

My legs were pretty sore today but I forced myself out the door for a couple miles on the trails. Actually Bailey & Bella forced me as they wouldn't quit following me around the house and Bella particularly gets vocal when she's impatient or dissatisfied with something.

got my new schedule for the week and I told Coach I'm pretty busy with work and board business this week, so I needed 3 rest days for running. he did give me 3 rest days but made up for it by making my 4 running days a bit more challenging.

Tammy

Mariposai

Tamster, it seems like your coach knows what he is doing. Who is it? I missed so much of what was going on here during my two weeks trip back home.

As for running, I did run 12 miles today, which is the longest I have ran in the last two weeks during my trip.

Speaking of my trip, I got back last night from Paraguay with  my heart and mind filled with wonderful memories shared with families and friends. My papa is doing a bit better. He is under excellent doctor care now and we anticipate him to start getting stronger by the day. With a COPD level 2 diagnosis he will never recover fully, but at least he will be comfortable and hopefully live a normal life. There are many stories to share, but for the sake of time I must add this picture with my nieces and nephews as the kids rode their bikes, motorcycles as their tia Nancy ran. It was a very special moment for me since after the adventure the kids asked so many questions about wellness and fitness and nutrition. Teaching the next generation has always been my mission.O

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Nice, and welcome back Mariposai! Glad you had that time with your family and that your papa is doing better and sounds to be stabilized.

We had another awesome gift of a day today, temperature wise. Although... I do miss the sun! We usually have clear, crisp, cold days at this time of year, and while we don't have long daylight hours, the sunshine is usually bright and clear. Not lately... it seems like days since we've had a clear sunny day and I do miss it. BUT, these temps are hard to pass up. Ran 8.1 miles today in 24° and while my legs were really tired from yesterday's run, it felt good to be out there. We should have cooler but still nice temps this week (10 and teens), so I hope to get outside a lot.

Holly I sure hope you'll post pictures of how Sarah's hair turns out. Sounds interesting.

*sigh* Back to work tomorrow. Another weekend just flew by....

SteveP

Steve--loved your snowy pictures. It always looks so idyllic....until you have to shovel it.

Let's call it cross training.

SteveP