Masters Running

Thursday, Three, Three, Sixteen. (Read 41 times)

''Anyone else here love the Pentatonix?  I'm doing a little chair-dancing to them while I work.....''

...actually this is Claire's Favorite Group,

I had never heard of them, but now I'm a fan

(plus I love acappella anyhow)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

After my long run on Sunday, my right knee was painful and swollen, so I've taken 3 days off.  Well, only one day completely off, but the other 2 days I walked with my DH and the dogs.  It feels better today, so I went for a test run of 3 easy miles.  Hoping it feels okay tomorrow!  I have no idea what I did to hurt it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thank you everyone for praying for Steven and keeping him in your thoughts!! Today is a rough day - failed the breathing trials and it's a scary thing to watch. Praying for a better night and better day tomorrow.

Run-walk a bit for me will ya please! Wink

denise

((( Deez, Steven and family )))

wildchild

Carolyn

Deez, sorry to hear Steven's not doing better. I was thinking about you on my run today. Sending hugs!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

deez, your son and your whole family continue to be in my thoughts.  Nice long runs for Slo and Mike.

Yesterday, I ran 3 miles on the TM at an 11:20/mile and today another 3 at 11:28/mile.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Ran/walked 3 miles and my mile pace is improving - as for running in the rain, as long as it isn't dark or cold - two out of three ain't bad.

Denise - sending you good wishes for a better day tomorrow.

TomWhite - I am heading out to hear Five O'Clock Shadow

http://focs.com/

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mike E come on out for the relay and make it a mini vacation! You can amortize that plane trip over more than just three days. I am 100% sure we can arrange for you to hang out at various places in Connecticut at least! I bet we can do Boston too or New Hampshire or perhaps New York. Sign up!

enkephalin come back out and I will pack you all the ibuprofin you need to keep your body going! Plan B, how about a martini or whatever your other recovery drink may be!

I am going to suggest what I have suggested during past political seasons, that we try to keep the daily as politics free as possible. I know it is tough. A post in the daily will not convince anyone to change their mind on any political issue. But it may create friction and animosity where none needs to exist. You can easily create a new topic for a political issue if you like. If people open it, at least the know what to expect.

I had an exciting day at work. If you have never used a Bloomberg terminal I highly recommend it! Once you try to accomplish something on one of their terminals you will never complain about the interface in any other software. Not ever! Their interface is so bad that when I contacted their help desk about a seemingly simple issue, it took them 45 minutes to figure out what was wrong! What was this issue? I entered a formula and it complained my "-" symbol was not a mathematical operator. What!?! It turned out, 45 minutes later, that I had used a code for a stock's price was the wrong version of the code. Yes, Bloomberg it turns out has multiple codes to represent a stock's price. Only some work in formulas. Why multiple codes? Who knows. Why do only some work in formulas? Who knows. Certainly not the help desk! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Thank you everyone for praying for Steven and keeping him in your thoughts!! Today is a rough day - failed the breathing trials and it's a scary thing to watch. Praying for a better night and better day tomorrow.

Run-walk a bit for me will ya please! Wink

We are praying for Steven and the whole family constantly.

Be strong in the Lord, my dear sistahh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Deez - so sorry that Steven hasn't shown more progress. I'm sure his body is working in OT and I'll pray that hard work manifests itself soon in signs of positive recovery.

good recommendation 2Cat. I like a good political banter and have some strong opinions and fight the urge to post a few things, but I've never seen a good outcome amongst a group that spans the political spectrum as we do here. I value the comaraderie and friendships here too much to even dip my toes in that water in this group. 

short trail run with the dogs tonight. they were happy and now they are crashed. soon I will be too.

Tammy

SteveP

Good point Two Cat. My political opinion is the most correct, although it is often unpopular.

SteveP