Masters Running

Yakima River Canyon Marathon RR (Read 52 times)

What beautiful scenery.  Congrats on beating your goal and enjoying yourself.

TomS

Maniac 505

Mari:

congrats on another one.  beautiful pictures, brings back some memories.   thanks for the RR and the pictures

coastwalker

Hi Mariposai,

Thanks for the greta RR! You had a terrific attitude, especially at that altitude. Thanks for the course photos - that place is drop-dead gorgeous. Congrats on approaching the race with good smarts, achieving goals, and catching sight of the big horns.

Jay

camille2

Congratulations!  This looks like a beautiful race. Love the pics.

What an awesome race, beautiful photos!  I love it all. Your smart race plan, your goals, your determination, your final time.  I can't imagine driving 3 hours, running a marathon and driving home all in one day!  You go, girl.

aka FlyingFinn

The pictures are beautiful, and what a great report. Thanks for sharing, Mariposai. Congrats!

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

Beautiful pictures and report. Thanks for sharing this.

Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, Nancy - what a beautiful race!  You are so right that traveling that route on foot lets you soak in all the beauty in a way that you would never get in a car.  Wonderful race and report!

(I tell you what, though, running the first half at HM pace sure makes the 2nd half very difficult.  I think your time was excellent, given the givens.  Nice job!)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

that really was an excellent race given the amount of training, Nancy! This sounds like such a beautiful course and enjoyable marathon. The pictures, as beautiful as they are, probably don't do it justice!

Tammy