Masters Running

DanMan Trail Run RR (Read 152 times)

SmileFollow this link to my DanMan Trail Run RR Smile http://www.twentysix-two.com/race-reports-2008/
    SteveP

That's a great RR Tim. My ribs feel sore just reading it. "The Accidental Ultra".

SteveP

Nice report. Wa5yom to go, Tim!
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

Tim - nice job! I like this part: "My plan for the day was to do a 18-20 mile training run…and maybe the whole marathon if I felt good. NO TIME GOALS…NO FINISH GOALS…just run. I have really been looking forward to this…rarely do I attend a race without a plan…without specific goal as part of my training." That is exactly how I feel about the ORRRC marathon I am running on March 30 - no time goals, no finish goals, just a very pleasant last training run before Boston.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

That was nice the way you turned 18 miles into your first ultra. It was interesting to read how it all developed and played out. I enjoyed the pictures. Congrats on a well run first ultra. TomS
            btb1490

Boston will seem like a short stroll through Massachusetts after what you just did! Congrats, and thanks for the report and the pictures. Looks like a neat race.