Masters Running

April 16 - 4 more days!! (Read 44 times)

Too many details give me headaches.

+1! QOD

Aamos, no bib handing-out for me this year. I will be in Boston on Saturday for a work gig and also my global security interview at Logan. I have a known traveler number for domestic travel ease, but want the full deal and with my EU passport (Swiss/US citizenship) I have an additional step. On Sunday I am coming in just to fetch my bib and then head to Lir

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

I hope you get lots of ice cream to have on your Birthday, Andrew.

If anyone can speak dog, I'd like to know who to tell Tag, "Don't run after bears, Lunkhead!".

O, and gee whiz, just leave out the lunkhead part and I'm sure myboy Tag will get the message. 

Does anyone here speak "people"?  How do you say "Crazy Old Man"?. No reason.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Just one baby for me during my 16 hour shift yesterday but I have to say  it was one of the most touching deliveries I have been in in a long time!!  Have I said how much I love my job!!

And yes, I think this fall is going to be extra busy given the winter we had!!

denise

Quick post before I fall asleep here. I shaved 5 minutes off my 4.7 mile run around the lake from Tuesday's run. Man is that a great feeling. My foot hurt less so that is a good thing, I think the anti-inflammatory drugs have been helping since I started taking them again this week. I was even able to push myself a bit and ended up with a progression run! Paces were:
          12:29
          12:28
          12:14
          11:45
          11:32

My best pace last year on this route was 10:35 in November.  I did, however, get passed by a man wearing pink shoes and pushing a jogging stroller. Then a nice man passed me in Mile 3 and said I was looking good.  On Tuesday a large 40-something, pigeon-toed woman passed me.  One of these days I will pass some people, hopefully runners not walkers.

I am tuckered out need to get to bed. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to read Marj's articles and the dailies and say more. Go Boston runners and crew members!  Oh, I need to say happy birthday to Aamos, hope you had a great day and hope to meet you again at a race somewhere.  Worthington has a 10k with around 700 runners and big payouts for the winners too.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Nice progress, Starr! You'll be passing non-walkers soon, I'm sure!

16 hour shifts, wow. Denise, how do you stay alert and effective after that many hours? I thought health care providers' hours had been reduced because of concerns about errors made while exhausted.

Nice that you have a friend to travel to your marathon, Holly. That sucks that they're all injured (both?). What did they do? I hope you take this moment to be the overbearing know-it-all experienced runner to point out the errors of their ways... (only partially tongue-in-cheek, as they could benefit from your experience).

Dave, too many details give me headaches too. Definitely the QOtD.

After a brisk 10.6 mile run yesterday, I wanted to get out but didn't want to push it. So... 5.3 mostly easy miles tonight. Kept the effort easy even though the pace crept up a bit in the middle miles. Two weeks tomorrow from my first race of the year, first since Equinox last September. Feeling more prepped for a HM than a 5k, but oh well.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Very impressive to have such a good tomodachi, Holly.
              I think she knows you’d do the same.
              We do
              I’ve finally overcome my craving for the delicious but very salty octopus tentacle potato chips but, though I’ve never been crazy over bananas all my life, I like the banana/cream pocket bread sandwiches sold at all the ubiquitously ubiquitous convenience stores (to the exent of three or four in the same block, sometimes two of even the same 7-11 or Family Mart, etc. franchises mixed in) to say nothing of the hot banana lattes in the even more ubiquitously ubiquitousness of vending machines with sometimes more than a dozen on the same corner of a single block that I’m skipping even the new sea urchin egg potato chips for plain dried banana chips to satisfy my new craving. If this is what it is like to get old, I’m sorry I didn’t get old sooner. .
              ps - even though I don’t like ice cream either, I can’t say no either when spotting those chocolate-strawberry ice cream bars in the stores just wanting to be eaten, to say nothing of the strawberry ones with actual hunks of strawberry slices in vanilla ice cream, and the pineapple with their little chunks too, . . . and that reminds me of the little gel packets about twice as big as a hammergel but in tasty banana, grape, apple, melon, pineapple too, etc.
              nahnee kah, dang it, for some reason, maybe too much detail, I’m sure getting hungry. Fortunately, even though it is only 2:30 a.m in Seattle, it’s 6:30 pm over here, just right . . .   jah, day wah, mahtah.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BlazinCajun

StarrRuns - very nice getting out and getting-er-done. Keep it up!

Avenger Doggie - Thank you for the birthday wish and making my day so special. Hunter, a pit bull who we live with, was very interested in the way you sang a birthday wish for me. He cocked his head several times and wanted to see who had such a good voice. You sing great!

Thank you Steve

Andrew
                ------------------
                God, my Lord, is my strength;
                he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                and enables me to go upon the heights.
                Hb 3:19

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave, too many details give me headaches too. Definitely the QOtD.

What does QOD and QOtD mean?

Erika - Renee roller her ankle badly last weekend and Tara has something nagging in her hamstring, and both of them have several other marathons they want to do in the next few months, and opted to rest now so they can run later.

Tet - you are right, I would go with Renee if the situation was reversed - hanging out with friends is half the fun.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."