Masters Running

So it begins: Saturday, 1.2.16 (Read 38 times)

Happy New Year my friends!!

Wildchild - thank you for doing the monthly miles thread!! I lost my 2015 year end total after Jan 1, but was able to retrieve all but 2 months with those threads!!  I went into my workout log for the other 2 months and calculated my monthly mileage that way.  Your threads made it so much easier for me - thank you thank you thank you!!

Jay - congrats on your race yesterday -- sooooo cool you are in a pic with my MVS friends!!

Ribs, Tselbs - congrats on your AG awards!!

MikeE - thank you for sharing your reflections and memories with us!!

Tet -- delicious seafood -- yummy!!

This was the first year in many that I didn't run a New Years Day race. We went to OOB, Maine with our campground friends and I joined the team doing the Lobster Dip to raise money for Special Olympics. I thought about running before the plunge, but being my first year doing this I just wasn't sure of the timing of things. Had a blast and plan on doing it again next year!!  The day raised about $115,000 for Maine SPecial Olympics!!

Yesterday ran the 1st of the Fudgcicle 5k series -- it's 8 Sat mornings and right now my goal is to run all 8 - hopefully I will stay injury free and healthy!!

Today - 2.2 miles on the treadmill, spin class, barre class --- trying to get more strength and stretching in my workouts!!

Happy Sunday all!!

denise

Dave59

Back in Reese I assume?  There are a couple winter series around here.  The local (Barboursville) one is a 3 mile December race, 4 miles in January, and 5 mile race in February where awards are by total time. There are some real jets in the 50-59 age group and I don't stand a chance.

There is another series in Charleston which is about as far away as it was for me to go to Reese, but for some reason it seems really far away and I'm not participating this year.  Maybe next year.

marj and henrun, good job in your 5K with 1st and 2nd in AG.  Jay, nice 5K.  Mike, neat remembering your mother.  ribs, nice 5K with 3rd in AG and good job for The Saint in her 10K.

Nice long runs for pfriese, mari, and Holly.

This morning, I did a 5K.  My GPS gave me a time of 32:22, distance of 3.11 miles, and pace of 10:24.  I was 3/3 in my AG (70+) and 49/66 OA.  I did a mile before the race and 1.9 after to give me 6 miles for the day.  I got a lot of good visiting in with my racing friends.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS