Masters Running

Sat 10/18 Daily ONE DAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! (Read 523 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I checked the Pumpkin Push schedule.....10am Sat....no can do...
    Yikes, I thought it was another Sunday one on the 26th, not on Saturday 10/25. I better start tapering. . . . Oh, I already did. ps, no particular reason but have you ever heard of the Pink Door?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sounds like a typical Sat. around here--some great runs, some not so great and wine. Big grin Mtnchik--GL tomorrow! I survived my HM (RR on another thread) to fight again another day. I'm off for another 4 day trip tomorrow so I'll catch up on RR's later! Good runs all... Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

.....planning something Tet....? I sure hope so , for before the Seattle marathon!!! Francesca

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

franchi - unless the United We Run Kent-to-Alki Marathon in honor of the 2001 NYC mary hurries up and gets posted, I'll probably just keep on tapering for the SM. However, if arf gets down here in time this year, maybe you can get Saturday off and we'll all do the Seattle/Seattle Ghost double (plus Pink Door). Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Tet...you dahling taper boy...stop playing with the girls Shocked and concentrate in your tapering. Great to have Franc back from Italia. Can't wait to see how Mary did on her first marathon Erika...butterfly hugs to you sistah. Funny that you mention about your friend with breast cancer surgery. I ran the Chelan Chase 5k this morning, which is in honor of all the breast cancer survivors in our area. A great fundraiser, they raised over 23k. The course starts up a hill, then a few straight blocks and then hilly, hilly, hilly to mile 2 1/2 and then a painful down hill. Finished in 27:16, a 40 sec course PR. Got second place in age group and had a terrific time with the 220 participants. My objective was to run an even 9' pace since I was too tired to race and my mission was accomplished. Just to give you and idea of the tough course, the overall female winner, a 23 y/o college athlete finished in almost 24 minutes. Happy to have another hardware for second place and most importantly, happy to have ran for a good cause. holly, I would skip the food.......wine is priceless....have fun tonight. congrats to jlynne on her second in age group. YOu are AWESOME sistahhh

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Top 'O the World!

Good Evening! I have the names list up to this time of eve added to my singlet...several of the other TNT folks thought that was a great idea...& are going to add the names of their cancer heros to their singlets for the morning... They tell us that our team of 73 participants have raised over $160,000 for the Fall season - outpacing all 9 other charities combined running Denver tomorrow! Amy: I would be honored to meet you! Smile either here or in SD...I get up there intermittently - often on a MC Wink
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              TammyinGP

So many wonderful runs today - long runs, short runs, racing runs, speedy runs . . . special congrats to Jlynne on your 5K!! That's very exciting. I ran 10 miles this afternoon. 10 slow non exciting miles, but I did it, so am pleased. Plus, the glass of chocolate milk I have after my long runs never tasted so good. And the wonderfully warm shower and tonight I'll sleep like a baby. So, it was all worth it.

Tammy