Masters Running

It is Friday!!! we survived the week!!!!!! (Read 408 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm running 9 tomorrow Tim. And I'm dedicating my race to you. I'll be thinking and praying for you tons Tim and hope you can be like taper tet someday.
    me too bikey, . . . even though you`re getting all girly on us . . . , I`ll not only be extending my current post-Pumpkin Push taper to 29 days until a tammy b-day run on 11/23 in your honor but also every single of it to you too, to say nothing of the first 16 miles of this year`s Seattle Marathon on 11/30 to you too. Then it`s total sacrifice for your full recovery for up to more than three months at least through March 1 if necessary. Big grin We`ll make two-cats` three week taper look like a little sprint. Can`t make any promises but maybe the hot tammy tub, . . . I mean tammy hot tub, . . . to you too!Big grinBig grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

If my 2 cents might be worth a penny - Option 1 may sound like a short term prison sentence, but I believe, in the end, you will heal faster and more completely. I don't know you well (obviously), but you sound like someone who could, with Option 2, end up pushing yourself too hard/too fast. With the boot and wedges, you will be forced to "do it right the first time." If you went the boot route, would you be allowed to swim if you kept a splint on the ankle while swimming, then put the boot back on when you were done? This would allow you to keep active physically, seemingly without putting any pressure on the ankle if it's splinted. Just a thought. Good luck, Tim.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance