Masters Running

Fri Dec 12 Runs and Chat (Read 759 times)

maybe it's just my computer, but I still have issues with this board being off to the right of my screen and have to scroll over to read. Plus, I haven't found a quick way to access this board - I sort of go searching around until I stumble upon it. And the board is all white, just like Active/CR. Are there settings to just change how it appears? However, I do like this better than Active . . . but I still prefer Kick and will primarily post there, but if this is where many of you end up going, I'll pop in and/or lurk around here too . . . especially if this is where my sekrit crush studhorse is going to be. . .
    Tammy, This board is on the left of my screen, so I don't know why it would be on the right of yours. Maybe you're a Republican. Not that there's anything wrong with that. This board isn't quite all white: if you look at a thread, every other message has a blue background. I agree it's non-intuitive how to get here. Cool Running had a good clear organization of its forums, which few other websites seem to have. I advise you to bookmark the RunningAHEAD Masters forum so you can easily find it in the future. Smile Studhorse, er, I mean Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
    TammyinGP

thank you oh studly one! Yes, I see the every other blue and white, but overall it seems predominantly stark white - hard on the eyes. I think my avatar is annoying. I'm trying out a few different things to see if I can get the hang of this place. and on my screen, the far right side of the messages are cut off by about an inch over in the right margin, unless I scroll the screen over a bit. just an annoyance is all. I'm not sure if my political bend has anything to do with it or if it's more of a 'hair color' issue . . . Roll eyes

Tammy

on my screen, the far right side of the messages are cut off by about an inch over in the right margin
        Tammy, I don't have a ruler handy, but eyeballing my screen, I think you will be OK if you buy a monitor wider than eight inches. Are you trying to read this site from a Palm Pilot or something like that? That would also explain your problem. Otherwise, I think you have what a nasty friend of mine used to call a "user-specific problem." Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          Tammy, what you are experiencing could be something to ask eric in the Technical Support forum, main community page. Some problems are due to operating system or browser issues. He IS the man.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Hi Tammy! Yes, your avatar is annoying. Smile
              Hi, everyone. Even with all of my whining over at active earlier in the week, I had sort of decided to give them until the first of the year to get their acts together. Then today I had the "go through the loop of trying to log on more times than miles you've run this week" experience just now, and I'm thinking I might hang out here instead as well. Getting my log uploaded here, once I finally found it at active, took less than 12 hours, and I like the layout of the log and the boards. Of course, the presence of so many wise and wonderful former CR Boomers is what makes it best! Holly - I agree with your idea about a poll or announcement of some sort this weekend or next. No running for me today. Recovering from last night's faculty party - it was kinda low key, as I had to pace myself for tonight's party with my crazy singer friends. I'm driving from there to the shore for a quick overnight, a little last-minute shopping, and 5 miles (or maybe more) on my beloved FLAT boardwalk tomorrow afternoon. Happy Solstice - goodbye darkness, come on summer! Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

ya dang rebels. there's a perfectly good daily thread over in the running community...
                Well, there was nothing there when I started, and I didn't want to barge right in. Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I agree it's non-intuitive how to get here.
                  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum works I think this organization of this site is interesting. Also I think there's a lot of good stuff happening outside the masters running forum.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

At the risk of repeating myself, folks, I think this place is a serious and viable alternative for the CR refugees. We should give this some serious consideration as our new home. I think the people who've been dug into kickrunner would enjoy not being crowded, and this place has plenty of room.
                    At least nobody here has asked us to leave, either. Roll eyes And I promise to stop harassing you, Dave. Black eye
                    Rochrunner......what kind of a car are you thinking of getting the son? They should be willing to cut you a deal at this stage of the month and year.
                    I didn't mean a new-new car, just a new used car. But I found him a 2003 Sunfire coupe with only 29K miles, hardly even driven the last couple of years (owner had health problems). Kept in a garage, it looks like a brand new car. I just hope he appreciates it and takes better care of it than he did his last one.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I survived 8 miles @ 9:08 after bean soup. Someone ordered pizza while I was out. All I did today is run, eat, and shop. Wrapped a couple gifts, too.
                        14.5 ez 8:21 pace. ha, what a lie. it was a slog. two more slogs left in the last slogly torture week. why do we do this wa5yom? edited: is it just my crazed brain, or is everyone sick? sick kid, sick wife, half of my colleagues at work are sick. yup, this would not be a good time to get sick. washing my hands 5 times a day, or more, disinfecting my keyboard, phone, etc. gargling three times a day. nope, this would not be a good time to get sick.
                        I have NO idea why we do it....I think I have some sort of sick brain disease...it has to be something like that...I mean..I hope there is some excuse... Big grin And..sick...I have had a cold since Monday......it just hangs on....only slept a few hours last night....this body just breaks down...always towards the end of my marathon training... So..starting next week...it will be the ole'...worry about tapering mode...hoping not to get injured...hoping not to get sick...trying not to gain weight....worried about loosing fitness....worrying that you were ever fit in the first place...and on....and on..and on....It is utter madness... Surprised Gee..here I am going to Taper frenzy and I still have a few days to go before it all starts....and all I can think about is how in the world I can ever run a MP workout on Sunday... Tim, Ardmore, OK.
                        Henrun

Finally found this site (with help from Marj). Posted under Running 101-guess I really belong here, especially with all those familiar names.
                            6 easy miles @10:12 pace. The weather....oh my gosh....68F...back to shorts and T-shirt. However, tomorrow is supposed to 34F with 1-3 inches of snow and a 30mph wind....I can't remember, is that just the way we like it. I'm so comfortable here, I'm already layin' around in my underwear. Good running Masters!
                            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                              This site is cool, at least from what I have seen in the other forums. The loading is a bit slower than KR. Not sure where I will end up, I guess I will wait and see what the prevaling "atmosphere" of each place is like, and which one I feel more at home with. There was some very mature talk about CR invading RA at this site in another thread, in another forum, and I was very impressed with how it was handled. To be honest, if former CR "Boomers" create their own forum here, it is a moot point. But over at KR, the Boomers were invading the Masters forum that already existed with it's own identity, so I understand completely what runningbehind was saying. I read somewhere that any group that gets larger than 150 persons will tend to fragment, because it is difficult to have the necessary involvement with that many people needed to feel alligence and empathy towards them. So it could very well be that the former CR Boomer group "should" split into two groups, one at KR and one at RA to make it homier for everyone. Of course there will always be cross-posters, and they serve a purpose too. Wink

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hi all y'all. Poking around here like a lot of others. Minding my manners and taking my shoes off at the door. Lots of fren-ly faces here. Nice. I'm Aija at KR as well, and was a CR poster since 2005. EZPZ 4 miler to and from chiro today. Sadly now da back really hurts. Sad Aija