Masters Running

Easter Monday, Master Runs (Read 569 times)

5 mile tempo run under sunny skies 31F felt pretty good, eventhough I had my pants on backwards, Roll eyes think how fast I could have been if my pants knew which way to go. Big grin Big grin The official winter count was 103.3 inches of snow, and I'm 20 miles south of the snow belt. Shocked At least this winter we had some melt, last year we had 95 in. & it never melted until spring Angry Holly I think your taper will do wonders for you, you have too many miles in the bank to falter. btb my breakfast pizza is egg beaters with sausage and cheddar cheese on a pizza shell. Big grin sometimes she adds peppers, onions and mushrooms. Peter Happy Anniversary and Hey great race last week, I missed that somehow. Smile Run Well

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Roy: Back problem bad. No back problem when you wake up good! Holly take heart. Races are different. If after yesterday's training run somebody told me I could run a marathon in under 3:30 I would be in stitches! But I have done it twice. I am sure you too will find that when the race starts all that training kicks in and the pace that seemed deadly last week will seem like nothing on April 21. Peter: congratulations on hitting your 23 anniversary! Jlynne: Badgers? Good job on the intervals! Boy do I HATE doing them! btb good luck with the continued recovery! My best wishes for you. Some cross training yesterday - the old chair carry! Not sure I had every seen it in a book though . . . have to check. Big grin charleygross: Go Yankees! Sorry, I'm from NY and seeing somebody rooting for Boston just causes temporary insanity. Especially since the team that cannot be mentioned broke the Babe's curse several years ahead of schedule! Cry The nerve! As for me 6.10 miles in the AM and 4.15 miles in the PM. Tomorrow I am supposed to do intervals. We will see. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! Stomps foot. I may bail and just do the miles.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Manchild

charleygross: Go Yankees! Sorry, I'm from NY and seeing somebody rooting for Boston just causes temporary insanity. Especially since the team that cannot be mentioned broke the Babe's curse several years ahead of schedule! Cry The nerve!
        Twocat, you're from CT, as in New England. New York is Mid Atlantic. Leave the Dark side and enjoy the sun! Chris
          <de-lurk> I've been reading faithfully, as usual, but hesitant to post, also as usual, because I feel the same way that so many other of us mere mortal types have expressed - in awe of so many of you! Y'all are such a nice bunch of folks, though, I'm jumping in with both feet today and will strive to be more consistent in joining in the daily fray. Holly - what everyone else said, so much better than I could. I'm sorry you're so tired and discouraged, but please know that you're truly amazing. lyndenrunner - "you gotta believe" - thanks for quoting one of my favorite people, Tug McGraw. It was nice to be reminded of his wonderful spirit. A co-worker of mine ran the NYC marathon last year and raised over $10K for his foundation, something I'd love to do myself some day. nono - "turned the ocean off" - what a perfect description! I could almost smell the sale air. Best wishes for an excellent time on the Ocean Drive! Soundrunner - yowzah! Now I know what boomer goddesses really look like. You look as beautiful as the spirit you project through your posts. How long do I have to keep running to even begin to look that terrific? Wink Ribs - gee, thanks for the reminder that I'm ancient; I'm declaring my score potentially inaccurate, though, since my brothers are 12 & 14 years older than me and I probably just remember hearing THEM talk about lots of those things that surely pre-dated me. Wink Teresa - a 28.6 mile week - you continue to do us newbie boomers proud btb - fantastic photos; hope you're mending quickly JJJ - any race with the word "creeper" in the name sounds like my kind of race since I feel like I'm creeping and crawling more than running most days! Oh, yeah, and a little "all about me." Managed to run 4.5 miles this afternoon - longest run since my orthotics were tweaked last week, and I'm feeling downright terrific. I'm starting my 3rd week of low HR training and managed to stay within range with fewer walk breaks than ever today. I feel like I've completely started over as a runner over the past month or so, and it's feeling wonderful. Some day I might even share my pathetic pace with you nice folks. Wink Shout outs for good runs, fast healing, and greta vibes to everyone else. You're all so awesome. Thanks for sharing all that you do on this forum. Smile Eliz Eliz</de-lurk>

flomotioncoaching.com

No run for me today Happy Anniversary Peter! Ribs....I scored a 13.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              Eliz who cares about pace? The fact that you have a smile on your face is all I have to hear. Keep it up and keep inspiring all of us.
              Mariposai

I am so glad I logged in tonight to see the great pictures posted by Soundie. You girls look radiant from the inside out...and the guys look mighty hot and pleased with your company. I went out for an EZE TM 2.5 miles after work tonight...it seems like my legs are doing OK. I am planning to take it easy tomorrow as I go out of my run. The 12 hour day I had today was brutal and I am glad I was able to fit in a short run to relax the mind. Work today was just a precursor of 7 more long days to come...considering that I am coming to a peak season for my spring marathon also...I may not be very active on the forum for a week or so in order to keep balance in my life. So...run, work, sleep x 7 is going to be my daily diet until next week. Good run and good life to all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard