Masters Running

TGIF Feb. 22 Boomer/Master Runs and whatever ... (Read 560 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tamalina - i think it means if you're faster than more than 30 minutes ahead of how fast I am slow then you take your shirt off but if you can be slow enough to be less than 30 minutes faster than I am slow, I take off my shirt. Where's dark intelligence when we need him to decipher? Smile In fact, if you do such good training run in your race that you end up even being slower than me, then I’ll take off the thongs we were wearing in Eugene too.Big grin ps - no problem about wearing anything from me for a race that you didn't run as most people who see me run in my races say I don't run them either.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

WOW Shocked Just when you thought it was safe to read the Masters forum.... Nice runs to all today. 6 tempoish miles for me at 9:13 pace.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      evanflein

Big grin ps - no problem about wearing anything from me for a race that you didn't run as most people who see me run in my races say I don't run them either.
        I love it. Tet, you are one of a kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm not planning on racing - just want to run it so I can partake in the post-race feed which is supposed to be very good.
          I see we think very much alike. I almost always run to eat. Erika – my 5K PR last September was 22:59, which I think is 7:24 pace. Boy that seems out of reach now, but I intend to do some work on short distances after my marathon run this spring. Tim – I read that this morning and thought “Wow! I don’t even think I could run ONE mile at 30 seconds faster than my 5K RP!” BTW – I’ve spent my whole afternoon and evening doing laundry and cleaning, so you are not the only one. Tammy – good luck and have fun tomorrow. We went to the Harlem Globetrotters last year and had a great time.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

No running today...too afraid of the cold but I did bike and do core work. Told my coach I was backing off the monthly training plans sitll training but continuing to slow down my life. What a great guy...very supportive. Bought 2 new pairs of shoes today...what beauts...only runners love their shoes like this Two weeks ago I bought the Mizuno Wave Rider 9's for training Today I bough Mizuno Precisions for Half Marahton and up And also ruby red Mizuno Ronin's (wow what a shoe) light but super beautiful That's a lot of moola on shoes, crazy...and yeah I am slowing down my running. take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #3309

I only have one more thing to say to this TGIF (well, maybe a few things, lol)....my laundry is done and my aparment is clean!!! Have a long run planned tomorrow morning, but we have had about 6 inches of ice, freezing rain, and snow....the roads are terrible. I like to never made it home from work....oh well, I will still be outside running tomorrow anyways. Erika, I am so intersted by your weather and sun light and total darkness....I am going to surf the net and learn more...I should have paid better attention in highschool, lol. I think about you too, and where you live, when I'm outside running in below 0 temps....I don't know how you tolerate it. Holly, you WILL be faster than you think right now....I promise...you put the hard work in girl!!! Have a great night all Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

great friday runs here!! i spent the day at The Spa at the Woods in Killington VT............so worth it.........dh sat by the pool and hit the jacuzzi and steam room while i put in 7 miles on the treadmill followed by some weight machines and core work before joining him........SO MARVELOUS!! our boys were hitting the slopes hard skiing and boarding - they had a great time too!! STRONG LEGS for the weekend to all!!

denise

TammyinGP

tamalina - i think it means if you're faster than more than 30 minutes ahead of how fast I am slow then you take your shirt off but if you can be slow enough to be less than 30 minutes faster than I am slow, I take off my shirt. Where's dark intelligence when we need him to decipher? Smile In fact, if you do such good training run in your race that you end up even being slower than me, then I’ll take off the thongs we were wearing in Eugene too.Big grin ps - no problem about wearing anything from me for a race that you didn't run as most people who see me run in my races say I don't run them either.
                  spoken like a true attorney. Confused Thanks for the clarification Tet Wink

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

ps - no problem about wearing anything from me for a race that you didn't run as most people who see me run in my races say I don't run them either.
                    Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."