Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 1.14.16 (Read 34 times)

Rosie - Great morning!

I am definitely not a running fashionista.  You should see the new ugly shoes I just got from Brooks.  I swear, I think the running shoe companies try to outdo each other on the butt ugly front.

Tet - I forgot to mention that I loved your post.

My buddy, Karen, once asked me why I wear running underwear when I run.  I told her it helps to keep my butt cheeks from jiggling, thereby reducing the possibility of chafing, because as we all know: friction + heat + moisture = blisters/chafing.

TomW - Definitely two workouts.

{{{Holly}}}

MikeE - Your grandson will remember this time for his rest of his life.

Been working on an accounting for a probate.  My question to the client will be: "So you gave you permission to use the estate account as your own personal account???"  He has a lot of 'splainin' to do.  

The Hub brought me lunch today.  I thought he was going to make lunch then come eat it with me.  Instead, he bought me lunch (which is HUGE for him) then he left and went to an AA meeting.  Love that guy ~

Okay - I gotta get back at it.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

moebo

Holly, it sounds like you deserve a day off!

Tet, count me among the fans of your posts.

MikeE, I am betting that car is going to be a winner.

Leslie, sounds like  maybe I should try some running underwear!

4.1 miles for me today, 20 degrees, 9:20 pace.

Dave59

I am making a habit of sleeping in. I did it again and didn't have time to run before driving into the office. By the time I get home its dinner time and no way I feel like running.

Tomorrow I go into the office again for an all day project planning meeting. I better get up and run tomorrow or the day will be a total loss.

Okay, I am impressed with the number of shout outs today! I am in the middle of packing for an early morning flight tomorrow to a conference. That means a 3:45am wake up. Heck, for once I may beat coastwalker out the door! Still no running or any other aerobic exercise for me. Not until I return on Tuesday. Then we will see what happens.

P.S. I randomly have a matching outfit when running. I have a pile of shirts and shorts. Bottom one on each wins. Post washing they go on top so this makes sure I rotate through them.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I only try to match my undergarments when they show through,,, don’t want to end with my photo in a magazine in the “Don’t” column.  

Starr - not that I would have noticed or anything like that but if I had noticed, I might have noticed a lot of el commandestitas at the Portland Marathon but better check with the goddessess who where there themselves and might have noticed. 

ps - it has nothing to do with registering for a sixth Portland Marathon but it is too expensive for just running so I’ll try to do some more noticing too this time. Yippee

IYour story reminded me of a run where I really needed to get home and now!  Just then a car stopped me for directions, ack! Being Minnesota nice I actually stopped to tell them how to get to the person’s house instead of on a wild goose chase.

me too but, after a car stopped on the 1.1 mile ascent up Queen Anne Hill in drenching rain during a six-mile hill training outing for the White River 50-mile Endurance Run up-and-down two mountains in the Mt. Rainier foothills and I gave them directions to the Space Needle at the bottom of the other side, they said I was to wet to give a ride with them too.  Oh the perils of a long distance runner.,

ps mikeE - maybe wanna see with me and 2cat who can not run for the longest time this winter? I hope you don’t don’t run though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Gigi arrives today!  I'm psyched to start bike-commuting to work a few days a week.

Hurrah. I can't wait to see your picture with GIgi. FYI, don't worry about your young coworkers....you are a savvy as they are.

Well, I was really wishing to spend time reading the daily today, but time did not allow me. With my DH's new job our go to bed time is 9pm. He is commuting an hour each way nowadays.

Running for my wings, 10 miles on very icy roads at pre-dawn. Then I gave a running clinic at the local Community Winter Wellness program. I had 32 people, newbies running/walking for 22 minutes. What an awesome experience!

Off to snuggles and then dream.

Good night!

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard