Masters Running

Saturday March 29 Runs (Read 482 times)

Hill Runner

I postponed my run 'til this evening. Started some vegetables in the garden this morning and spent the rest of the day painting...my favorite chore... Roll eyes 6.02 miles of hills at a "peppy" 8:35 pace. I usually don't run in the afternoon. It's a lot easier to get started as compared to the morning when I'm starting out half asleep sometimes... Smile Nice runs out there today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

enki I wish had your RD as I started off at 5am in sleet and rain for 11 plus something laps around Green Lake and got done at 12:12 in a brief glory of afternoon sunshine.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It was supposed to just be a training run to see if I could run 31 miles after last week's 20-miler fizzled at 16 miles but, even though I was DGL (dead glorious last) for the umpteenth time in ultras around here, as the RD let us three barefooters run on the 2.8 mile inner paved loop instead of the outer dirt one, it marks my first barefoot untra-marathon.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

There were also some goddess moments Smile though I might have missed one. Sad ER (event report) pending tomorrow's taper. Now off to Japanese delicacies with the two out-of-town barefooters. I guess we won't have to take off our shoes at the entrance!Big grin ETA - i only wrote it once but must be tired or something as ended up with three posts

King of PhotoShop

Nice work Tet, heck of an effort to do that kind of distance, no matter how long it takes. Hats off. Spareribs
            evanflein

Way to go Tetsujin! I'd love to do an ultra this year, but a barefoot ultra is something else. Wow... Enke... grrr! I hope he treated you extra special later today... Sorry for anyone having carpy weather... it's been awhile since I've been able to say I ran here in IRC, but wow what a day! About 32F, not much wind, bright sunshine... and overly sproinky legs that I knew from the first mile would be hard to keep under control. Hmmmm, yep... 10.5 miles, 7:59 m/m avg pace. Last half mile was 7:18... Had to remind myself I have 20 miles to do tomorrow while the kids are snowboarding, so stopped there. Wow... wish I could can this feeling and keep it for a bad day. Peter, I ordered seeds from Burpee last week, starting to think about the garden these days. Funny how come August, I'll hate that thing...

#artbydmcbride

Excellent job Tetsujin!! Congratulations on your barefoot ultra-marathon! Smile 20 miler by the beach. Thank goodness the wind shifted this morning and we had a tail wind the whole way back. Smile

Runners run

TammyinGP

YAY Tetsujin!!! Nice run Ilene - I take it your shoulder isn't bothering you when running at all?

Tammy

Mariposai

. Vista, you want to see a jogger, you should see my slow pace! Definitely jogging and proud of it!
                    You may be proud of your jogging pace SR, but I am proud of you for showing us what patience, perseverance and slow coming back can help us accomplish. I celebrate this 20 miler week for you. What a gift, isn't it?. Your statement really helps us not to underestimate the gift we have to run pain and injury free. I am glad you had a great time with Prime Rib and the rest of the family.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard