Masters Running

Saturday 13 Dec taper tales and runs (Read 431 times)

Can we say, "Whew!" Tim? Sounds like thins are definitely better than anticipated. I have happy feet going for you right now. Big grin Went to the movies this afternoon and saw "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas." There are no words. I was the last one to leave the theater because I had a hard time composing myself. My only negative comment is everyone is suppose to be German, but they are English actors. Other than that, it is one of the most moving films I think I have ever seen.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Well, Tim, that could be worse, right? Sounds like you got a better result from this doc. (and I don't say that just cuz it's more what you want to hear!) He sounds reasonable, did the right tests and gave you a reasonable plan of treatment. Wear the brace!! I just realized yesterday was my first total rest day (no XT or anything) since Nov. 18. I guess I was due. I had a More Miles Than Degrees run today! 9 miles in +1F temps. I tried my new balaclava and it works pretty well. Has a separate nose piece with an opening underneath, and little holes at the mouth area. My old one would freeze up and I couldn't breathe thru it. That doesn't happen with this one. I will need my ear band for anything colder though... my ears got a little chilly thru the balaclava. Sure was iced up when I finished! This was my first true frosty eyelashes run this winter, and boy were they iced up. I'm planning on twice this distance tomorrow... will have to stop halfway thru and de-ice my eyelashes so I can see where I'm going!
      lamerunner

good evening! No running for me today, what a surprise. Coached my JO Youth team at the Nationals though! Great girls. no Superstar but lots of depth. We ended up 6th in the nation, not too bad. Nice course in Mechanicsville, VA and very good weather for New Englanders. cool, sunny. I did a short walk on a nature trail and hoping for a good workout tomorrow afternoon. Cheers!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Well, Tim, that could be worse, right? Sounds like you got a better result from this doc. (and I don't say that just cuz it's more what you want to hear!) He sounds reasonable, did the right tests and gave you a reasonable plan of treatment. Wear the brace!! I just realized yesterday was my first total rest day (no XT or anything) since Nov. 18. I guess I was due. I had a More Miles Than Degrees run today! 9 miles in +1F temps. I tried my new balaclava and it works pretty well. Has a separate nose piece with an opening underneath, and little holes at the mouth area. My old one would freeze up and I couldn't breathe thru it. That doesn't happen with this one. I will need my ear band for anything colder though... my ears got a little chilly thru the balaclava. Sure was iced up when I finished! This was my first true frosty eyelashes run this winter, and boy were they iced up. I'm planning on twice this distance tomorrow... will have to stop halfway thru and de-ice my eyelashes so I can see where I'm going!
          yeah, and i thought i was nuts, lol. thanks erika...damn caps that don't work... tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

anachrotech

Wonderful news Tim!!!! Smile

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I am done running for atleast 6 more weeks, and I didn't have a torn or ruptured AT.... But said I really really torched my AT more than he has seen before. . . . sorry tet, but he said no barefoot walking, as that stretches and hurts me at big time.
              Timbi - not sure if just torchin’ your AT sounds much better than rupturing it but the six more weeks of nonrunning in addition to the six you’ve already done is a huge improvement over the prospect of still bein’ DL’ed by Rock’n’Roll time in June. In particular, serious running or for the fun and fitness of it, decent or indecent finish or not, it won’t matter to us at all as long as you are here to celebrate. ps - hope you can join us in a possible barefoot beach run at that time but at least you’ll be okay for the swim part. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Lame, congrats to your team! I'm glad you all made it down there OK. It was dicey yesterday morning! I posted about DS's team on a different thread - they won their division! I thought they would do very well, but I expected 2nd or 3rd. What a great experience for them. Now when they run against other in state meets, it will be a little different! I can't believe our power was out for over 36 hours. Makes you appreciate things like dishwashers and washing machines! We had only limited circuits working off our generator. At least we HAVE one, though. Didn't get in my planned runs yesterday or today, so I'm bummed. Back to it tomorrow, I guess!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Timbi - not sure if just torchin’ your AT sounds much better than rupturing it but the six more weeks of nonrunning in addition to the six you’ve already done is a huge improvement over the prospect of still bein’ DL’ed by Rock’n’Roll time in June. In particular, serious running or for the fun and fitness of it, decent or indecent finish or not, it won’t matter to us at all as long as you are here to celebrate. ps - hope you can join us in a possible barefoot beach run at that time but at least you’ll be okay for the swim part. .
                  tet, i will be there buddie...and i will be racing... timbo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I had a More Miles Than Degrees run today! 9 miles in +1F temps.
                    First time this season I've heard the phrase....awesome! Big grin
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM