Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 7.18.14 (Read 33 times)

The commercial that sprung to my mind was the one of toilet paper with the fluffy white kitten(s), and big fluffy cotton balls landing on it?  Was that Charmin?  Remember, "don't squeeze the Charmin"  (cut to scenes of people in stores sighing as they squeezed TP).  Both good ways to feel good about TP.

I ran 4.3 this morning, much cooler and with a breeze so that was nice.  But I was sluggish (ir)regardless (that one is for Erika).

Get this....I have a concert date Saturday with a new one that I haven't met before, Door#18, and who I of course, met on-line.

As it turns out, he recently joined my running club, and has gone to two of the Saturday group runs/breakfast socials.  But not the ones I was at.  He was thinking of going to the one tomorrow, and so was I (before I knew he was part of the club).  So, we may have met ANYWAY this Saturday, or in the near future.  I find this really neat.  Now, hopefully it will work out, because we will still be part of the same club.  He seems pretty eager.....so I am hoping there is no huge disappointment on either side.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Wow, two grammar mentions in one thread... I must have a reputation or something! Ribs, I thought of the same two things from Amy's list, but don't know the others.

Ad jingles, goodness gracious. I hate it when an ear worm gets stuck in my head like that. I'll be humming "plop, plop, fizz, fizz..." all afternoon!

Amy, I had asked about your mileage and doubles the other day. I'm always interested when people do that, as I wouldn't know how to find the time. Seems like I'm always rushing to get the runs I do run done before I have to go or be somewhere else.

GL with Door #18, Enke! That's pretty cool that he's in your running group already. Not only do you have something in common, you probably have acquaintances/friends in common, too.

Taking today off work, and probably running again, too. Might not run tomorrow either. My afternoon run yesterday was good till about mile 3 again, then the calf started barking (bawling?) a bit, then it got worse. This is just not right. I can't believe I've got this mystery ailment just days before a hard race. Getting to mile 3 won't be much good for this race; I'll be right in the middle of an old mining trail, miles from any real road. At least the weather forecast is for rain, and there are most certainly hugh puddles up there on the trail, so it'll be a slow race anyway. But still. Grrrr.

Tet, a parody on LSMFT back in my childhood was, "Let's See MacArthur Fire Truman."    Spareribs

...I think tet was referring to the one that starts ''Loose Strap..........''

evilevilevil

==========

eta-

GoodLuck on Door 18 enke.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

"oh tell me, how are ya fixed for blades?

(Ya better check!)

Gillette blue blades we mean."

Does that help, Tet?  Spareribs

mrrun

Ribs - thanks for the background on 'plop, plop, fizz, fizz'

Good news??? - my DiL and DD both got entry to BAA half marathon in October -  we get to "run together" again

marj

Henrun

...I think tet was referring to the one that starts ''Loose Strap..........''

No, the one that said "Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco"

Life is once again trying to keep me from running, so I am running my life. Today I had to bring copies of John's scans from one hospital to another, so 3.5 miles there and 2.3 to the subway station to get home. Take that!

A commercial that my grandmother loved was "I feel clean"

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Dave59

I'm home........

Maybe I'll finally read the dailies.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"oh tell me, how are ya fixed for blades?

(Ya better check!)

Gillette blue blades we mean."

Does that help, Tet?  Spareribs

Okay, now the “how are you fixed for blades” part comes back. good job.
                    I remember jumping up-and-down in all the joy of the end of the Korean War.

We’ve had a lot of wars since then but I don’t remember any of them ending yet

(even though some presidents said so). Oh well.
                    thanks for the LSMFT info. 
                    no wonder it’s so much fun being old,

especially when it was even more fun young too..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Ad jingles, goodness gracious. I hate it when an ear worm gets stuck in my head like that.

Remember "Hold the pickles hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us....."

Or the "I'd like to buy the world a coke" song, that aired in the mid-70s.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2QZW1mexhQ

Dave - that does sound like a nice trip!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

No, the one that said "Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco"

..ok,

how about the ''Lucky Strike Goes to War''

a classic Ad Campaign....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....