Masters Running

Weightloss Healthy Eating Challenge - Week 2 (Read 344 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning Gang! Well, I for one had an eating-challenged week in which I failed miserably. I was hormonally challenged number one, and since I gave up chocoloate for lent, I went with the salty snacks instead. Overall I'm up a pound to 136.2, which I was actually thrilled to see. I thought for sure I was back up to 138 or better. Now I have to get back into the game and regain my will power. Gosh, what I would would give right now for some dark chocolate!! Yesterday a co-worker brought me a dark chocolate hand-dipped preztel rod. He didn't realize I wasn't eating chocolate. So, the sentiment was nice - but it was torture too. I hope the rest of you are doing better than me!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Oh gosh, it's Thursday. I'm so lost at this time of the week! I did step on the scale a couple days ago -- 135. But, my pants are fitting better. So, I'm happy. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Let's see - how can I sabotage my diet this week???? I know - I'll go out for pizza and beer the night before I have to weigh in!! DeadI just ran 6 miles and still feel bloated and miserable. I think I need to "ease" into my weigh-in today. I'll report back when I'm feeling brave enough to get on the scale...

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh Jlynne ..... it is a good thing we don't live next door to each other!! I'd have been out for pizza with you .... instead I had pizza rolls and chips for dinner! (well, I ran my intervals first!) Smile

~Mary

~unknown

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, like I posted at the bottem of the other thread, I've actually lost 2 lbs during taper. We all know that's just extra bloat, not real fat loss, but knowing that I can't just say "oh, I'll run it off tomorrow," because I'm not running very much, has forced me to seriously curtail my snacking. Sad I find myself thinking, who cares about the darned race, I just want to get back to normal running so I can START EATING AGAIN! Tongue Just holding out until Saturday, when I'm allowed to overeat. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

well, i gave up chocolate too and didn't even cheat on my birthday but i am failing miserably in the weight loss/helathy eating challenge...........between the salty snacks, myrtle beach and my birthday i have gained 2lbs!!Angryand i haven't even had birthday cake!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

denise

evanflein

I got on the scale this morning (we had pizza too! But I had just three small slices of a chicken "de-Lite" pizza) and was happy to see 142. Essentially the same as the last several weeks (141.5) since January, up .5 for a little retention. I'm also happy to see this because I was (drumroll please) 138 on Monday which told me part of my lackluster running last weekend was from not eating enough or drinking enough. An unusual "problem" for me, but it convinced me to keep working on holding steady till after Boston. Losing weight now just hammers my running. There's always next month, right?

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

next week - next month - next monday ...... we have lots of chances to get it right .....thank goodness!! Big grin

~Mary

~unknown

Marathon Maniac #957

Yeah, next month we'll start the "AAUUGGHHH - ONLY 4 WEEKS TILL I HAVE TO WEAR A SWIMSUIT!!" Challenge. Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Yeah, next month we'll start the "AAUUGGHHH - ONLY 4 WEEKS TILL I HAVE TO WEAR A SWIMSUIT!!" Challenge. Big grin
                      Oh, my son, aged 2, is getting me ready for that one already. Lately, everytime he sees me in my underwear, he laughs. Hysterically. Doesn't build my confidence. Roll eyes

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Oh, my son, aged 2, is getting me ready for that one already. Lately, everytime he sees me in my underwear, he laughs. Hysterically. Doesn't build my confidence. Roll eyes
                        That's funny. Glad I don't have any pimpsqueak critics around, as I'm hard enough on myself. I forgot all about this today, but did weigh this morning....up 1/2 a pound. Sigh. Here's what I could not give up, ever.....chocolate, pizza, wine, and salty stuff, in that order. You guys are tough!
                          Well, ladies - it wasn't as bad as I expected, but not good news. Back up to 126 (but that was after a bottle of water and 2 cups of coffee, are those good for at least a pound?) Like a lot of you, I haven't had any sweets at all during Lent and that used to get me at least a 3-4 pound weight loss. Wait until you young whippersnappers hit menopause! Ha - you'll be coming to me with all your complaints about gaining weight in places you never had it before. Of course, I'll be totally sympathetic, because by then, I'll have figured out how to lose all this extra weight and get my waistline back. Confused Holly - I've already done the "swimsuit" thing. Major depressing event there, I'll tell ya. I had to go buy a new one TWO SIZES BIGGER THAN THE ONE I WAS WEARING - AND ONE OF THOSE MIDDLE-AGED CONTRAPTIONS THAT HIDES YOUR BIG GUT! I'd also like to know why now when I look in the mirror, my image has been replaced by one that looks just like my mother. When did that happen? And who took all the elasticity out of my skin?! Getting old ain't for sissies, that's for sure...
                          evanflein

heheheh, JLynne called me a young whippersnapper. Heh. Shy That's almost as much fun as getting carded by the young punk at the wine shop! Helen, my list is like yours, but I could pass on the salty stuff... oooh except popcorn.

Prince of Fatness

March 27 - 168 lbs. April 3 - 167.5 lbs. Down a half a pound. I'll take it. It appears that I am trending in the right direction. 3 or so more pounds and I am set.
                              That's almost as much fun as getting carded by the young punk at the wine shop!
                              Heh. That reminds me. The local Wegmans store here just started selling beer and wine (yes folks, that's not a common thing in these parts). Anyway, their policy is to card everyone. I always make sure I thank them for that.

Not at it at all. 

Does anyone except me GAIN right after a race for a day or so? ConfusedThen it gradually goes back down, but only with work. Yep, I eat too much afterwards, but I also use up a lot of calories at the race. I am an old wannabee, and the longest race I have done is 8K. It always surprises me when I am feeling "more skinny" after a race, and roaring hungry for a while, and then get on the scale and find that the runner has become a whale again. Also, when I first started, 8 months ago, I gained for about three months! More muscle? Is there anything to that? More blood ? Water retention? Woods Lady thanks you for being there.