Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 3/1/09 (Read 621 times)

This week, not sure if I'll make it..... Sun. rest Mon. 6.75 Tues 7.00 Wed 7.00 Thur rest Fri 7.00 Sat 10.75 .... fell short of my planned 13 because of a virus Total 38.5 Doesn't look like I'll make it this coming week either Sad
      Thanks once again, Holly. Leaving Saturday morning for a ski trip so I might need a free pass this and next week. Not sure if I'll get to 40 before we leave, or if I'll be running Sunday either.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly! Nice to hang here with fellow crzy people.. did every body notice Dopple's 54 mile TM run! Dopple..GL on your 24 hr thon! Good mix this week but skipping the intevals for race recovery. Mon- 4 mi recovery (4 mi at 10:12 pace) Tue- 9 mi GA progression (8.8 mi of hills at 8:09 pace avg) Wed- 13 mi m-LR (13.4 mi of hills at 8:38 pace) Thu - 4 mi recovery + X-Train (4 mi at 9:19 pace + Xtraing..planks and legs) Fri - 10 mi w/4 Hills at LT (10 mi with 4 mi of steep hills at LT- 7:42 pace loop PR!) Sat - 4 mi recovery (22 mi at 8:10 pace with last 12 miles at MPish (7:58) in warm rain) Sun -22 mi in cold rain (3 mi at AHR 138 in cold rain) Total Planned: 66 mi Actual: 64.2 mi with an intense Fri-Sat 32 with miles 15 secs off MP

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

#artbydmcbride

Dopple Bock needs to be disqualified since he won't be 40 years old for this entire week. Big grin Mon - rest Tues - 5 Wed - 5 Thu - 6 Fri - 5 Sat - 15 Sun - 5 total = 41

Runners run

Missed the past few weeks, life, once again is getting hectic. March will most likely be my last month of training this year. Was tapped to deploy to Afghanistan for 365 days. I am pretty sure I won't be doing much running in-country. Anyhow I will keep up with the group until I leave. This week Monday - rest Tuesday- Run for and hour. did 7.07 Wednesday Run for hour and 1/2 did 10.25 Thursday Run for an hour did 6 Friday Run for an hour and 1/2 did 10 Saturday - rest did gym and abbs Sunday - 20 did 20 Total 50 something. Actual 53

Marathon Maniac #957

Diverdoc - bummer! Just when we were getting to know you better. I know so little of overseas assignments. Do you think you will have access to a TM over there? We had a poster for a long time who was stationed in Croatia (I think it was Croatia) but anyway he had a gym on the base he was able to keep up his running with.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly Since I don't know what exactly I will be doing or where I will be I can't be sure about anything. I guess I'll know when I know. Any how I will keep up with training for the Shamrock in March, then I will be shifting more to weights and whole body fitness. I need to shift my training focus from running far to being able to lift, cary, and haul ass with 60-100lbs of gear on. I am definately getting to old for this s*&t! but I did volunteer... yes Forest...stupid is as stupid does! There definately is internet so I will be able to post from time to time. Karl
                pfriese

Holly, I'll be hanging out on the DL until mid-March, free passes needed until then. Paul

I Can Go The Distance

Monday 4 mi recovery run Tuesday 8 mi easy Wednesday 8 mi easy Thursday 4 mi recovery run Friday 8 mi easy Saturday 5 mi easy w/10x100m strides over last 1.25 mi Sunday 13 mi LR Total 50 miles Thanks Holly Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
                        http://barefootrunner.org
                      busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks Holly...post week plan :-P M - rest (done) T - intervals (4x 400/800/400) W - 3 ez (3 ez) T - 8 (10 mi w/hills) F - 3 ez S - 8 mi at pace S - 21 miler (22 miles into snowy headwind and tried to pace with Ryan Hall as he knocked out 6:15s. I said 'tried'! Definitely the hardest long run this year.) Total 50 miles
                        -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                        also on Twitter