Masters Running

Boston is ready (or rather Hopkinton) (Read 370 times)

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

I posted this in the Boston group, but thought you might like it here too... I took a couple of pics shortly after the paint dried...For those running monday you'll see it soon, but I hope you enjoy the sneak peek:
    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
    also on Twitter

Marathon Maniac #3309

Very cool....not that I will be there, but still cool for the great runners here that will be. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

that is so very cool!! Big grin

denise

Ah, almost as beautiful at btb's sunrise pics on the daily. Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

OMG - all of a sudden this is starting to seem real.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Brings tears to my eyes... Hey, would you mind pointing me to or sending me a large high res verison of that? lking at pobox dot com thanks!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

HermosaBoy

I like that picture!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Wow, emotion hit me also... Just saved it as my desktop background. Very inspriational!!! Thanks for the pic, Busiman! John

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Awesome Lou... you crying ALREADY?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Just saved it as my desktop background.
                      Me too. And for my avatar! Wink

Doctor Wu

Hi Craig! So this is where you hang out, eh? I've been hanging at chrunners.net and kickrunners.net. I limit my running forums to two but just thought I'd sneak a peek over here. This will be my 4th Boston and likely the best one weather wise. Unfortunately just yesterday a bit of old peroneal tendonitis popped up. So I'm mainlining ibuprofin and not doing any more running before the big day. I'll survive but will pay the price afterwards. To all you Boston first timers, especially the ones who toiled so hard to qualify (like me the first time): The best feeling is stepping off the bus when you arrive in Hopkinton. You feel like you really belong. Unfortunately, you don't get the same rush with being dropped off by the high school as when the bus used to stop right by the starting line, but it's still a great feeling. And be ready for uncontrolled crying when you cross the finish. Good luck and I hope to see some of you there. #10399.
                          Wu, I'm just ahead (and I mean just--I plan to line up at the back of the corral) --9542. Look for me! grins, A
                          Masters 2000 miles

Me and my gang in Breck

Boston I took these pictures of the finish line Thurdsday at lunch time. Enjoy. Boston

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Hi Craig! So this is where you hang out, eh? I've been hanging at chrunners.net and kickrunners.net. I limit my running forums to two but just thought I'd sneak a peek over here. This will be my 4th Boston and likely the best one weather wise. Unfortunately just yesterday a bit of old peroneal tendonitis popped up. So I'm mainlining ibuprofin and not doing any more running before the big day. I'll survive but will pay the price afterwards. To all you Boston first timers, especially the ones who toiled so hard to qualify (like me the first time): The best feeling is stepping off the bus when you arrive in Hopkinton. You feel like you really belong. Unfortunately, you don't get the same rush with being dropped off by the high school as when the bus used to stop right by the starting line, but it's still a great feeling. And be ready for uncontrolled crying when you cross the finish. Good luck and I hope to see some of you there. #10399.
                              I'm sorry to hear about the tendonitis, but great to hear you're still coming down though! You're a smart/experience runner, so I won't say anything about aggravating injuries (I'm still trying to learn the hard way). Drop me an email with what your plans and such... I'm really excited that I've moved up to the forth corral so I can see the announcer and gun etc. Last year I was on the hill and could only hear the gun.
                              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                              also on Twitter
                              Doctor Wu

I'm sorry to hear about the tendonitis, but great to hear you're still coming down though! You're a smart/experience runner, so I won't say anything about aggravating injuries (I'm still trying to learn the hard way). Drop me an email with what your plans and such... I'm really excited that I've moved up to the forth corral so I can see the announcer and gun etc. Last year I was on the hill and could only hear the gun.
                                Busi, I'm sorry I lost your email address and don't know how to find it on this site. On Sunday I'll be having lunch with a gaggle of kickrunners at noon at Uno's at Porter's Square in Cambridge. That morning I'll be watching the women's trails probably on the bridge to Cambridge just on the Boston side. Hope to see you for lunch. Have a good race. BTW: My ankle is much better today thanks to the ibuprofin omelettes I've been eating.