Masters Running

Apple Lovers - Make Way Honeycrisp (Read 26 times)

Slo

We are just a mere few weeks away before we begin to see some of the first Honey Crisp apples hit our stores. Can't wait!

But...I think I just found a rival. I just finished my first ENVY Apple. Born in new Zealand (2009ish) and recently orchard trees started in Washington.

Crisp, sweet...yummy. Supposedly pretty hard to find but if you happen across them and like crisp, sweet (theses are super sweet) apples pick up a peck.

TammyinGP

Thanks! I do love Honeycrisps and if you say that these might rival the honeycrisp than I will have to try them out!

Tammy

Mariposai

I live in the Apple Capital of this nation and I have not heard about it.

OFF to do some research.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Love Honey Crisp but not the price.... we get Envy apples at Sam's club and the price isn't too bad. Fred Meyer (aka Kroger) runs specials on both sometimes, too.

Slo

Honeycrisp prices here start high at the beginning of the season and then will drop after 3 weeks or so. We have been getting to enjoy them longer as more growers through out the states have been adding them to thier orchards.

The sticker on my Envy apples indicate New Zealand.

Dave59

I enjoy going to one of the local apple places and getting whatever they just picked.

an amazing likeness

From the topic title, I expected an Apple vs Android dust-up....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Slo

I enjoy going to one of the local apple places and getting whatever they just picked.

Same here...We have a few nearby orchards and we'll be making our annual trek to a region in Wisconsin that has several orchards in a condensed area. Lot's of fresh pie's and other treats too.

King of PhotoShop

I'm with EK on the price thing.  The store Hudson works for gets $3.99/lb. for HoneyCrisp.  I'll look for the Envy apple Slo.  Thanks.  Spareribs

I am heading to the orchard to pick up a bag of Zestar, one of my favorites and a early ripening apple.  I will ask them about ENVY and see if they have heard of it. Oh, I love the SweeTango too, a cross between the Honeycrisp and Zestar.  Thank you University of Minnesota!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The red and yellow Delicious were all we had back in those days and still remind me of autumn.  However, none in Japan  when I was first over there but got to like the extremely noticeable, sweet, “honey” cores distinguishing Fuji apples. Looking forward to trying the Honeycrips though. thanks.

Only 7,496 more varieties of apples worldwide to try.
                        http://www.bestapples.com/varieties/,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)