Masters Running

Hello (Read 159 times)

jules2

I haven't posted for a while as there seemed little point as I was running so little, although I did keep the cycling going a bit. Anyway I seem to be on the mend and just ran 8 days in the last 9 at a steady pace so fingers crossed but my chance of a Half Marathon PB will have to wait for next year. I suppose the only bright spot is that I still have the fastest age groupt time for 5 miles and the HM although the HM time is c**p but it was over 30c that day. Anyway the real reason for posting is that for my holiday read I got "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami" he's 59 and runs a marathon every year and I found it so interesting that I'm on my second read. I don't know if it has been mentioned in the forum before but if not its well worth getting your hands on a copy but be warned it is nothing about training or how to get PB's.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

evanflein

Hi Jules! I was wondering about you and how things were going for you. How's the UK?
        I did have my hands on it and I'm a fan of his, but I'm waiting for the pb version! grins, A
        Masters 2000 miles
        Henrun

I scanned it at my local bookstore and enjoyed how he talked about running and how it has become a major part of his life. I identified strongly. It certainly isn't a 'how to do it' book but more of a philosophical treatise. I'm also waiting for the pb. Welcome back Jules.