Masters Running

Last March Daily, 3.31.13 (Read 38 times)

Mariposai

Holly, I did not realize that your marathon is just around the corner. Take care of that foot!

I am glad I opted to do my XT this morning because that allowed me to enjoy the 64F sunshine weather this afternoon (sorry twocat  you got snow Smile). Just 4 easy miles. I am planning another high mileage week, but my work schedule is not cooperating.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The teammate who went by you is a barefoot runner who was wearing her minimalist sandals yesterday only because the roads are rough and full of sand and salt and gunk right now. She’ll probably race Boston barefoot  (did so last year) and ran Manchester barefoot too. She just started running three years ago and is only scratching the surface of her talent----we love watching her fly and at 29, we’ve got some fun years ahead!

CNYie - I'll say you've got some fun  years ahead.

Ask her if she’s ever heard of Charlie Robbins.
      Maybe in 2063 she’ll be up to Charlie’s 50 consecutive barefoot Manchesters
      and 56th in 2001 at age 81.  I bet you all know his friend Amby

who’s been doing Manchester too since 1963, albeit not barefoot

but burfoot so to speak.  It's on my post-bucket list too.  . 
       http://ambyburfoot.blogspot.com/2006/08/charlie-doc-robbins-1921-2006-rip.html

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

5.5 miles easy tonight, and yes, I really did take it easy. That's about all my legs were up for, but did just fine and only stopped for traffic. It was pretty cold earlier today, and finally warmed up mid-afternoon. I didn't get out till after 5 though, but that's ok. Sort of "heat of the day" here.

Marathon Maniac #957

What marathon Holly?

The ORRRC Xenia Marathon.  Very low expectations for this one.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

The ORRRC Xenia Marathon.  Very low expectations for this one.

I worked at the Redbarn fast food place in Xenia for a few semesters while I was in college.  I wonder if it is still there?  It was pretty new when I was in college because the first one had been destroyed in the huge 1974 tornado.  I would bring leftover food back to the dorm after closing.  I'd pull into the parking lot at 1:00am and get swarmed by hungry guys hoping for some food.