Masters Running

Will my log automatically move from Crunning or is their something I need to do? (Read 618 times)

Since I have been out of the country for 10 days alot has changed at our old site.  I  wondering will my old log transfer over automatically, and about how long will it take, so I can catch up.  I ran and walked an average of 10 miles a day while their and did run a small race.  I will post RR later.  Marathon Derrick Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

Derrick - Hi! If you go to this page: http://runningahead.com/ There's an explanation of how to get your running log here. Did you save it to your computer before the takeover? I was able to save mine, and so uploaded it from my computer to this log in just a few seconds. Good Luck.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

no I didn't save it we went out of town so I was away, my log is only minor, my main concern was shoe mileage I quit keeping my mileage on my written log for my shoes. so hopefully I am not screwed. It is nice to hear from all of the CR group who have moved.

Marathon Maniac #957

DaveinAA posted this at Kick last week. It might still work for you. Then you could download your log: For those of you who are looking for your old CoolRunning log, you can still access it here: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=myusername;s=coolrun (Substitute for your username and password as appropriate -- your old CR ones, not the new Active ones.) I was even able to enter the past few days' workouts there. Then go to Tools and download your running log. It saves a file called "dowload.cgi", which is a confusing file extension since it's not actually an executable cgi script but a tab-delimited text file. You can open this file with Excel and follow the prompts to import it. Then save it as an Excel workbook. It's bare bones but at least all the info is there.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The Jogger

Hi Holly I tried to open that link but it doesn't seem to work now. Sad Roy
            SteveP

this forum keeps getting better. Good to see you Derrick and Roy.

SteveP

Dave59

no I didn't save it we went out of town so I was away, my log is only minor, my main concern was shoe mileage I quit keeping my mileage on my written log for my shoes. so hopefully I am not screwed. It is nice to hear from all of the CR group who have moved.
                Your log did go from CR to the Active Trainer (or it should have). And you can log on there, click on "Tools" and then "Shoe Tracker" to at least see your shoes and the miles. You can click on a shoe and see all the recorded workouts for them. There may be a function to download your workouts from the Active Trainer but I haven't stumbled on it yet.

Head Procrastinator

Try this one http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=myusername;p=coolrun substitute your username and where it says coolrun put your password
                  ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                  Dave59

Try this one http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=myusername;p=coolrun substitute your username and where it says coolrun put your password
                    Hey, that one worked! I already had my log saved and transferred here, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Would someone who successfully pulled their log mind sending a copy to me at a_r_f_e_n_a_r_f at gmail? (pull out the underscores) I'd like to parse the log format and see whether I could make a similar file from my old Excel logs, thereby saving Eric the trouble of importing my wacky data. Thanks, Sally
                        I'd like to parse the log format and see whether I could make a similar file from my old Excel logs, thereby saving Eric the trouble of importing my wacky data.
                        And after you figure out the schema, please send it to me. I use a program called "Athlete's Diary" and can get my data into a CSV or Excel file, so it might be possible for me to get it into an importable format as well.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

And after you figure out the schema, please send it to me. I use a program called "Athlete's Diary" and can get my data into a CSV or Excel file, so it might be possible for me to get it into an importable format as well.
                          Look on page 4 and 5 of http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/b744fd29d0dc47a5b4c857be61f037a4/3 . I took a copy of my excel spreadsheet, moved the columns around a bit, renamed them, and saved as tab delimited file. It worked fine. Oh, one other thing I did was make sure the Types under Options->My Log Preferences->Workout Types->Running matched what would come in from my spreadsheet. I don't know if it was necessary to do this, but I didn't want to try the experiment. After the import, I had to mess around with the way the shoes were imported, but that wasn't a big deal. I numbered my shoes 1, 2, 3, etc., but there were 2 miles in my log which were blank, so the shoes came in as (blank)=1, 1=2, etc. Like I say, no biggie. Best of luck.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Thanks to Lou, and those who sent along logs... will sit down with laptop this afternoon and muddle away.
                              Hey, that one worked! I already had my log saved and transferred here, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.
                              Dave ..... do I know you from the old RW, then Runango? Midland, MI?

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Dave59

Dave ..... do I know you from the old RW, then Runango? Midland, MI?
                                Yes. It's me. I still spend time on Runango too. (Michele had another hip operation a few days ago because whatever they did last spring wasn't working. A couple new parts and new positioning. It seems to already be better.)