Masters Running

Starr's Half Marathon Race Report (Read 30 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I also forgot to mention that this was a PR of over 4 minutes from my first half.

Very nice!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Very inspiring race and report. A Gold Starr for each. Shine on!

Great job Starr!!  You look amazing and did fantastic!!  I LOVE the picture race report!!

denise

BlazinCajun

I can feel your excitement through your post. Sounds like you were ready for this race with the 4 minute PR. Really enjoyed this post. Also, very impressed with the weight loss photos - good things happen to those who put the work in. Congratulations.

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19

Congratulations!  You did an excellent job, and you look terrific too.

Shame about 6 pizza-less months and then no reward!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mrrun

starr - congrats on the race, the pr, and the weight loss!  what a year this has been for you and almost 4 more months of it left,

marj

camille2

Great job, Starr!  Congrats on the big PR and even more, on that weight loss!

I should ck in here more often for the race reports.

New skirt in town

What a great smile, and what a great race!  How does the bursitis feel now? Stoopid doctors, always telling you to do stoopid stuff.  :-)

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations on PR’ing after two year lay-off, and local Turkey Day Celebration Run that followed.   Your 2:35 at 11:50m/m is exactly my Labor Day Half Marathon when I was aimin’ for a sub-12m/m pace too.  However, I don’t think I’ll be able to keep up to you next time though.  When is that?  I probably won't half again until next March.   thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)