Masters Running

Wednesday, 8.26.15 (Read 38 times)

Just a flyby here for me.  Leslie, so sorry for you and all your family has been through.  Ribs, that letter was priceless!

We are having a great time in Alaska. We have covered a lot of miles in just 4 days! I loved Seward, the day cruise in Kenai Fjords National Park was awesome! Homer Spit was a quaint place on the water. Tonight we are in a State Park 90 miles from Denali. The cold, wind and snow is on its way, drat! I think our flight tour will be cancelled on Friday. Oh well, it is an adventure.

this morning I did a quick 1.5 mile run around the campground. It was my first run up here and I wish I would have been brave enough to run in the woods.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Starr, yes they've forecasted snow for the Alaska and Brooks ranges, but we're just wet (so far). The picture you posted on FB from Hope was beautiful! Glad you're having fun, remember the weather stays here so enjoy whatever comes. You get to go home to fall and maybe an Indian Summer.

Our weather here in Fairbanks sucked. Wish I could send it to Mariposai. We've got a strong low pressure system camped out here brining rain, heavy at times, and wind for the next few days. I got out for a run at the end of the day and apparently caught one of our few breaks in the steady rain. It was just overcast, breezy and misty for my 6.3 miles tonight.

SteveP

Let's go to Enke's for dinner.

Here's to Dr. Robin feeling better!

Posai, a downer? sheesh. There's plenty of people here who are pretty darn fond of you. I'm asking myself if I could face the same challenges as well.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

remember the weather stays here so enjoy whatever comes. You get to go home to fall and maybe an Indian Summer.

You do know that she lives in Minnesota, right?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Sorry to be such a downer lately....maybe the lack of running and working 15 hour shifts, 12 at my regular work and 3+6 hours at night for social work is getting on me.

BTW, all of us in this poor county is doing the same shift work...so I am not a hero. All of us are doing it. USA frontier people are resilient folks.

Yes, you are made of tough stuff!  I hope it eases up for all of you very soon.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."