Masters Running

Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e June 8th (Read 287 times)

Here are the tallies... Dutchie-6.5K and lots of remodelling eliz-14.9 miles...hope your breathing gets easier evanflein-20.6 miles + 16.38 stationary bike...good girl evryday-21 miles...keepin at it lyndenrunner-46 miles...ramping up nowor-15 miles + yoga + gym...very steady pfriese-30.3 miles + 73.4 bike...trying to change hobbies? tetsujin-42 miles...all in one day...incredible!!! Summer is just around the corner...keep it up...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-8@8:12 Tue-Rest Wed-8@8:29 Thur-9@7:56 Fri-Off Sick Sat-7@8:00 Sun-Off Sick Total=32 miles Tet-Skagit Flats is what I'm targeting...But I might run Bellyingham again too!!!
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Dutchie42

Goooood morning, and a special thanks to Gordon for starting this up. Last week was terrible for the running part of my life, but great for the remodeling part of my life Big grin We're nearly there. Mon.... Tue.... Wed... Thu.... Fri.... Sat.... Sun...

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

For me, the weekly mileage is a strong indicator as to where I am in my world of running. Just one reason I like this thread so much. Yes Gordon, thanks. Dutchie, are you remodeling the inside of your house? I'm redoing the outside....I was thinking this morning, as I tried to unstiffen my back....this is hard work. Much harder than running! I too look forward to its completion. Good luck with it! Mon.....rest.....rest Tues....3miles...3miles Wed....6miles...no run Thurs...rest.....no run Frid.....6miles...no run Sat.....rest......no run Sun.....9miles...no run Total.....3miles Smile
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

GreenMan

Thanks Gordon, This is my first real schedule in a while I've got a marathon coming up on 7/12 not for a PR, a social run and training It's all on asphalt I think, so I'm shifting gears for a while. MLR= Med Long Run M........Rest..........0 T........RCV 3.........3 W........GA 5..........5 T.........GA 6..........6 F........MLR 7.........6.5 plus ~43 on bike S........RCV 3.........3 S.......MLR 12........12.8 plus 26 on bike total......36............36.8 plus 69 bike
            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
              This week is too crazy to even begin to have a plan! Run 5 day's straight to make up for missing 2 while I'm on an overnight camping trip with the 8th graders? (Yep, me camping, in cabins, when my real idea of camping is not getting chocolate on the pillow when I return to the hotel!) Come home from said trip and run a 5K Friday evening with temps forecast for the high 80s? Give up kayaking this weekend in order to get in a long run on the boardwalk? Decisions, decisions, decisions. Here are the days - I'll just see what happens. TOTALLY not me, OCD girl, but probably as healthy an exercise as running. Big grin Monday - 3.5 miles - put me over 300 for the year Smile Tuesday - rest; worn out from running 4 days straight for first time in several months; allergies worse than usual, too Wednesday - managed to sneak in 4 miles between rounds of thunderstorms Thursday - hiking on school camping trip; lots of schlepping around camp Friday - canoeing and more schlepping; allergies surprisingly good - maybe the problem IS my dusty house?!? Saturday - 2-1/2 hours of kayaking - bliss Cool Sunday - spent 4+ hours in the ER after becoming dehydrated by the flu; no clue when I'll be running again - hafta be able to walk farther than across the living room first Dead Lowest mileage week since I got the orthotics. Sad Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Crazy week this week with work, soccer camp and a drive to Anchorage for the first soccer tournament of the season. We'll see what happens... Monday: Almost finished the garden... 2.5 mile walk at lunchtime. Tuesday: 6.05 miles, 8:31 avg pace, .5 mile walk c/d Wednesday: 10 miles running, .5 mile walk c/d Thursday: XT in the car... 6+ hours of driving Friday: 10 miles on the Coastal Trail in Anchorage, lots of walking and soccer spectating Saturday: 5.2 miles of hills, more soccer stuff Sunday: More XT on the soccer scene and in the car... Totals: 31.2 miles running, over 3 miles walking, way too much time in the car...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you gordon. plan - 29.3 actual - 29.3 ============= Sunday (6/1) - taper Monday (6/2) - taper Tuesday (6/3) - taper Wednesday (6/4) - taper Thursday (6/5) - taper Friday (6/6) - Fremont 5K Fun Run and RunningBarefoot.org Run of the Month . . . notes: soundrunner ran a speedy 2nd division place and I got to run with another barefooter. bat woman, robin, superman, supergirl, etc. present too. Saturday (6/7) - Green River Marathon . . . notes: started out with dove and send-off by huskydon ( . . . thanks for the nice pacing up Henderson Hill. tried to emulate dove's planned final 10K spurt with my own last 2.2 miles @10:40 pace passin' lots of other exhausted runners in overall 12:05m/m for 26.2 miles in 5:16:47 running all the way for the first time this year after walking one marathon and run/walking four ultras in the last two months.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

Thanks Gordon. Nope, not changing hobbies, youngest DD likes to bicycle and she's home from college for the summer. I'm babysitting grandsons in Seattle (actually Sammamish) for the next couple of weeks. No real plan except try to get in as many nice cool runs as I can while I'm up here away from the heat in Oklahoma.
                    DayMilesComment
                    Monday2 miles running - done 9:44/mile avg pace
                    Tuesday5 miles running - done 9:11/mile avg pace
                    Wednesday3 miles running - done 9:42/mile avg pace
                    Thursday2.2 miles running - done 8:41/mile avg pace
                    Friday7.4 miles running - done 9:05/mile avg pace
                    Saturdayrest day - done
                    Sundayrest day - done
                    Total19.6 miles runningDone
                    Paul
                    nowor

Started week w/ left leg feeling odd, not really painful, but muscles felt twisted. M-2 mi to see if anything hurt. All OK T-strength training and core/ball classes, OK W-3.5 mi in steady but light rain, loved it Th-core/ball class AM; yoga in PM Fri-6.5 mi in AM, leg still strange; chiro straightened me out in PM Sun- yoga Summary-12 mi + stuff. Chiro said my lower back was quite out of alignment which twisted my hips, etc. Funny thing because I've been seeing the chiro for right neck/shoulder pain and lowback's been fine. I had no back pain, but she said I would've in a couple of weeks.