Masters Running

Florence, OR Turkey Trot and Econo hugs (Read 468 times)

TammyinGP

Hi Woods Lady!! Big grin WoodsLady aka MaEcono rocks!

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

konnichi wa hayashi-san. (did econo bijin-san teach you any Japanese?) For years my image of Oregon was from an eighth grade book report about ferns head high and a little log cabin in a forested grove so thick it was shady all day long. It was hard to imagine but when I finally went there in person, the sun beams streaking here and there through the forest canopy all the way to the ground were like silent symphony to the Gods. Now though it's econo running through the spider webs on her butte-to-butte runs and Haywood Field laps, to say nothing of up here in her memorable breakthrough PR Christmas Marathon and many rainy seattle halfs. We hope she'll bring you up next time too. In the meantime, her rr's as her running progresses are sometimes a little kryptic (if not missing or disappearing) so please keep us up-to-date on her progress and adventures, . . . and you too. arigatou

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Welcome Woods Lady! Please post lots and tell us all about your running adventures. Smile

Runners run

Mariposai

We have the Rhody Run on May 16th. It is a little bigger race of long standing. They have a web site. There is a 5K and a 10 K. I hope Econo will be here. I am brand new to Running Ahead, and you are my first posting. I hope this group welcomes oldiwannabes. The Woods Lady
          wow!!!!!!!!! one of my idols is posting in running ahead...hurray!!!!!!!!!Smile Everyone, MaEcono aka The woods lady is the coolest oldiwanabe I have ever met in my life. She is one gorgeous and gracious lady and you should see her how she walk/runs...one strong athlete she is.Wink Thanks for the invite to the Eugene race. I dream of running that race someday. I believe we will be your way in June. I will keep you posted, maybe we can run on the beach together at that time. Welcome maEcono...please start posting in the daily thread...we would love to hear about your daily outings.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

I am brand new to Running Ahead, and you are my first posting. I hope this group welcomes oldiwannabes. The Woods Lady
            we do. Welcome Woods Lady! Smile Smile Smile we want to hear more from you. now is good.
              Blush Thanks, Econo. I am LOL about me "sweeping my AG" in Eugene! You didn't tell people that I was the only old lady for 3.1 miles around. But then, like you told me, "I beat all the others who didn't show up" MaEcono (I like that)
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think most of us are old wanabees Wink Like I wanna be like Ribs when I grow up Evil grin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thank you all for the welcomes. I am honored! Tammyin, I really enjoyed meeting you and your nice family. Hope to see you in Eugene one of these times. Hey. I read that you liked the gum droppy things - so did I, and will keep my eye open for them. What are they called? Also, I am in your photo of GP at the finish line - in the far background in a blue jacket. Tetsujin209 Yep - those head high ferns grow in an area of my woods pretty close to our house, and the trees and underbrush are getting closer to the house every day. I am very lucky, I do almost of my walking/running in the woods, and see that several times a week. Today I found a 5 point elks rack on my Forest Service road, and lugged it home! We know a man who makes pens out of that , and will give it to him. Ileneforward, thank you. I am not yet sure how to post things, other than to answer like this, or on my log, which is all messed up, but plan to keep poking around until I get it right. Mariposai - Yes, I'd love to do the beach run, and also to show you my trail and Forest Service Road place. Any of you runners would love it, and I can show you a coupple of ways to get there - easy. Stumpy77 - so you also run to keep up with your daughter! And I love your saying that running is a new way to identify yourself. That is just the way I feel. That and freedom! I have read "Ribs" and also admire him. Econo - run like heck - remember your committee. My committee now has specialty sub committees, as suggested by Gavin. I did better today, and for the first time, went up the trail for about 3 miles, and had a great time. MaEcono
                  Mariposai

see I told you folks.........MaEcono is the greatest...just her presence brings a smile in your heart. Great job on that 3 miler today MaEcono!!!!!!!heck...next time I see you I will not be able to keep up with you. I have my eyes on exploring your road. I have done 4 miles up north, but the road just keeps getting steeper and more isolated for a girl...but the lakes and the forest are just magical. go MaEcono go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and bring sisEcono here too...she is one of my idols, you knowBig grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I have read "Ribs" and also admire him.
                      Oh dear! Be careful, MaEcono! Of all the nefarious characters on this site, you admire Spareribs?! Shocked Nervous, hovering Econo Wink
                        Mariposai, Well, I don't get around on RA very well, as you know. What do you mean by posting on the daily thread? About the forest road 4 miles you did. Are you meaning Mercer Lake Road, or ? 4 miles would about do it on that road, and yes, it gets very steep at the end. the one I do most of the time is not so steep, but goes on for as many miles as you like. Some Ultra runners use the road system. Well, yes, it is isolated, and I think of that. Cell phones don't work either. I have only seen people there once, on ATVs, and the one guy was from my church. Sooo. There are lots and lots of elk, but I have only seen scat and antlers. I do wonder what they might think of me. I go out with my big noisy dog. One buddy says to take an air horn, but who wants to carry one of those while trying to lear how to run! Woods Lady