Masters Running

Monday March 10th Master Boomer Runs (Read 567 times)

10 miles at 1:38 today temp was 35 degreees and 10 mph wind much better than Saturday temps are supposed get better through Saturday this week. Tough day in gym this morning, 4-set bench press, 4 sets military, 1 arm tri s 3 sets, 2 arm tris 3 sets, 2 arm db lying tri ext, 3sets, push dns 3 sets, lat pulls 3 sets, cliff hangers 1 set, squats 4 sets, leg press 4 sets, power shrugs 4 sets to 285, knee ups. I am exausted... Run long run well .... snore
    PJH

Vista - thinking about you and your brother. Erika ... will you be patient with the patient? Derrick - we ran the same distance and time today, but I didn't do all that other stuff! "Double" today in nice sunny weather. AM - 6.0 ...59:29 ...9:55 pace ...130 hr ...cold -15C PM - 4.0 ...39:26 ...9:51 pace ... 136 hr ...warmer -2C Total - 10.0 mi in ~1:38 PJ
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

I still feel under the weather, but I decided I would feel crappy whether I ran or not, so what the heck! I managed 5.1 miles on the treadmill. Sure enough, I didn't feel any better or worse afterwards, but I'm still ahead of the 1000-mile bunny, and that's what matters! Cool Here's hoping for calmer weather tomorrow, so I can run outside! Have a good one! Teresa
          Late day run for me.....Just a busy, busy day and finally found a window while the kiddo was at hockey practice Ten miles at 3:45 PM----no watch and loved the feeling of the sun--36F, moderate wind....I ran the downhills fast when I met them. It's not the uphills that get me at Boston, it's the downhill profile that shreds my quads. Today was a fun and happy to be out there run. Good run and legs feel fine. The news about Eliot Spitzer indeed! As a former Central New York resident (CNY) and married to a native of Rochester, NY .....Aaaugh! That's all I can utter at present. Helvetica! Rochrunner and Aamos...I too always read about the type face of books. I suppose the influence of my father the architect who could sketch like a dream and has that fabulous architectural printing ability and then my getting rapped on the knuckles in third grade if my penmanship fell short of Palmer method handwriting---I have always been fascinated with design and print and the like. I chose a design firm for a suite of fundraising materials because they recommended the Gill Sans font. Oh dear, I think I just went way over into the overshare area aisle of the nerd store. Anyway...I am putting that on my NetFlix queue as well! Vista and Evanflein....I hope the surgeries and recoveries go well. healing vibes to you all. Welcome back Steve...I scanned the skies for the Bat signal nightly. Lots of good running out there. Enjoy the rest of the day wherever you are! CNYrunner P.S. Almost time to watch the UConn women's basketball team play in the Big East tournament (semi-finals) The governor of CT got it placed on CPTV in addition to ESPNU. Woo Hoo We have season tickets to their Hartford games and have for years, but couldn't be there in person tonight. Dinner in front of the TV tonight---special occasion no shaking of heads out there!
            Dtoce, I may have overstated the "struggling" part. The legs are a little tired but the 10,000 foot altitude is really slowing me down and making the miles harder than they are at home. I ran 6 miles on the TM this morning at 6.2 mile per hour and had a big sweat going. Remind me never to race at altitude. Undecided I think we're taking off tomorrow from skiing so that will help things. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Some great runs out there. No news from the doc yet but I did run 47 minutes just now. Felt good, legs strong, lungs not really Anyway feeling a bit better...no snow today (finally) but more predicted Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (ugh) The all time record is in site. Might as well go for it. Hope everyone has a great evening... Your buddy Tall who misses his lady friend a lot (guess distance does make the heart grow fonder). Today's quest: Practice ignoring your negative thoughts

Recent Best times: None recently

seemomgo

Remind me never to race at altitude. Undecided Bill
                Welcome to my world! Actually, maybe you remember two years ago when I did the Georgetown half marathon and got altitude sickness..... not a good thing! Even living in Colorado we can fall victim to the altitude at higher areas. Be carefull and make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water!!!
                  Today's quest: Practice ignoring your negative thoughts
                  Tall...I'm interested in your quest for today. I too am trying to train my thoughts. Let me share a book I've found to be very enlightening on this subject. Dr. Wayne Dyer, "The Power of Intention." Give it a try.
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    Just made the executive decision that not only will I not run today, I am also going to skip my yoga class and just head home. Erika -- glad that DH's surgery went well. For him, but even more so for you! Tongue Roch, CNY et al. -- I'm in your camp of loving the look of a book as well as the content... and think that sounds like a terrific documentary to check out. CNY, have you ever rented My Architect (documentary)? Worth a view.
                      Bill running at altitude and then skiing is what gonzo training enthusiasm is all about! I am off skiing next week and plan to bring my running gear along as well. All my friends think I am crazy and totally baffled at how I can run and the ski all day. Little do they know that the two sports, so far as I can tell, have absolutely no muscles in common. Big grin Tall good luck on the upcoming news. I am betting it will not be bad. evanflein what is this no bell for your DH thing! Humph! As a guy I want you to know I think he should get a bell and a backup buzzer! Angry Well maybe not. Clowning around Today was a mixed bag. I scheduled 12 miles and did 12.13. But, post run my left calf is a bit sore. I took the ever popular ibuprofen with dinner and iced it down. Hopefully tomorrow it will be all healed up. If not my training schedule for the week will be up in the air. I will have to take tomorrow off and I need to keep my Saturday run down as I have a race on Sunday. Unfortunately, it is just a 4 mile race so that will mean making this a bit of a cutback week in terms of total miles.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

My Architect.....yes! Louis I. Kahn, troubled and brilliant...what a story. My parents were married at Notre Dame du Haut, in Ronchamp designed by Le Corbusier because he was a favorite of my father. They had no money, but managed to look oh so chic...1959, a walk through the Alps and a wedding in a modern looking chapel---mom in a pillbox hat and sheath dress and dad in a skinny tie and Elvis Costello specs. He also idolized Louis Kahn, Marcel Breuer, Alvar Aalto....you get the drift. Good call on the chillaxing evening Soundrunner Careful Twocat...you are running so well and I am glad you are monitoring the calf closely. G'nite all CNY

GreenMan

Thanks guys the ribs made good progress today. I did some very light gym work after noon, more stretching really. The first couple hours of the morning are worse. Some of my other parts are enjoying the forced rest though. Today I booked a flight to Crescent City, CA for 8/12/8 Big grin I'm going to run and camp in the BIG woods for a week. Prairie Creek State Park is the destination. Company always welcome. jjj
                          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.