Masters Running

Slacker Half Marathon Race Report - pictures added! (Read 431 times)

Congrats on your 10 minute PR! I think we learn something from every single race. Good job on doing the gatorade early and often. Nice picture too. Now come down to sea level and get another PR!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Thank you all for your kind comments. To those who asked, yes, I'm used to the altitude. The high point on my neighborhood loop is at 9600 ft. The race photos are posted, and I actually got 3 good ones! Here's one on the dirt road and one on the frontage road.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Way to go on your half, wildchild. It sounds like a neat, scenic, course and you got to meet mtnchk. The pictures were great. Congrats on your big PR. TomS
          Loved this report--wish I could have joined you (as does Frank--for the end hanging around and eating part, not the running part, he clarifies from the retirement [L.L. Bean] bed). Maybe next year! grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles

King of PhotoShop

Sorry for the delay in getting to this, but you know I would never forget you! I am inclined to agree with you that doing a half just 3 weeks before teed you up perfectly for this course and a huge PR. I loved your account of it and that you got to meet mtnchick. Congrats on a fine performance. Spareribs

The Jogger

Carolyn that was a great race and report, you both look brilliant. The crowd behind you show's just how well you did..... Roy

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow, Carolyn, that’s a huge (hugh) PR! I love the photos, too, lucky you to actually get three that turned out good. Great race and report!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

I don't get much time to read RR, so I'm very late. But I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this report and the pictures. It looks gorgeous! Congratulations on doing so well.

Be safe. Be kind.

Carolyn, Congrats on a great race...You are one trooper to race at that altitude. For someone runs flatland, you are a model for me. Way to go Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Great job on getting the PR! Nice pics to boot! BTW, I always carry a ton of supplies with me on a 20K+ race. I basically never take anything but water at the aid stations. You might give it a shot. I typically pack Gu and a bag of Shot Blocks. My DW sticks with the Shot Blocks but then she has yet to make it to 20K in a race! Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/