Masters Running

Saturday runs and play stories (Read 38 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Nice long runs today for Mariposai, Slo, and RCG!

Barb,  you ran 13 miles in under 2 hours and you were in the slow group?  Sounds pretty fast to me!

I met some ultra friends for a 15 mile trail run today - took us just under 3 hours.  I was slower than the rest, but not by much - I just had to push my pace a bit to keep the next person ahead of me in sight.   It was warm enough that I finished the run in shorts and a tee shirt!  I started out with more on, but shed some layers as I went.  Some of the trails were kind of overgrown so I got some scratches on my legs, but I'm not complaining, since running in shorts in January in Colorado is pretty sweet!

There's a big storm headed our way tomorrow.  Predictions of snow totals are all over the place, from a few inches to a few feet.  Hoping it's on the low end, but we could use the moisture - it hasn't snowed here for quite a while.

Since tomorrow is the end of the month, I thought I'd post a handy dandy chart of prime numbers so you can all plan your runs for tomorrow!

2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23 29 31 37 41 43 47 53 59 61 67
    71 73 79 83 89 97 101 103 107 109 113 127 131 137 139 149 151 157 163
    167 173 179 181 191 193 197 199 211 223 227 229 233 239 241 251 257 263 269
    271 277 281 283 293 307 311 313 317 331 337 347 349 353 359 367 373 379 383

I need either 2.1, 4.1, or 14.1 miles to end the month on a prime.  I'll wait and see what the weather does before I decide.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

10 miles including 2 laps around Green Lake and a trip down to Lake Union. Lots of walking breaks but I just wanted to cover the distance and get some cardio going.  I think there was a walk/run at Green Lake for the missing runner.

Sorry to hear twocat that you won't be running your marathon. I didn't know anything about a party there for your birthday, was this a surprise?

Deez, take care of that pinched nerve and yes you need a great name for your new bike!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

just a quick note to let you know they found him, in a creekbed, not alive. so sad and tragic. our community lost a great man today.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

So bummed to hear that, Tammy.  I've been thinking about him all day.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

just a quick note to let you know they found him, in a creekbed, not alive. so sad and tragic. our community lost a great man today.

I am so sorry to read this! I think runners from around the PNW are mourning his death.

My planned 10 miles did not happened as planned.We had a black ice here and I did now it until I hit the canyon. I was very careful, but I fell flat on my back on the back ice, hit my head on the pavement  with a small cut on my skull, making it bleed for a little bit, so I ran back home. My first fall in 10 years of running, not bad I guess. I am fine. My head and my body just hurt all over now Smile.

We did go skiing today after I returned  home and had a fabulous time.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

I am so sorry to read this! I think runners from around the PNW are mourning his death.

So is this guy in Minnesota.  I don't know why this feels so bad to me...I had never even heard of him before.  Very sad.

Well, I woke up, this morning, fully intending on going in to work, to work on a project that my boss has committed us to starting wall panel production on a week from Monday.  It is completely on my shoulders to get it ready and I have no idea how I am expected to get it done ij the amount of time I was given.  But, do you know what I did instead?  I hung out at with the grandkids all day.

Zac (Larva's son) and Molly (Missy's daughter) are both in the end of season, in-house basketball tournament--AND--Zac had his pinewood derby, today.  Zac's first game was at 8:00--they lost, but Zac scored his very first basket of the entire season!  Now, how could I have missed that?  After the game, we went to the pinewood derby and sat there while they set things up and I had to leave to get to Molly's first game before I ever got to see his car race.

Molly--is so dang cute!  And she is so scrappy!  She is all over the place flying for loose balls and forcing jump balls--she is really fun to watch.  Her team won their first game in nail-biter.

While the game was going on, Larva kept me up to date on the pinewood derby.  Zac won all four of his races and took 1st place for his age group.  When he came back to the school, for his second basketball game, he came in, proudly showing off his trophy.

At 12:00, both Zac and Molly had games at the same place and I was able to walk back and forth between courts to watch them both--and they both won.  So, Molly's team is in the championship game, tomorrow, and Zac's team played another game, today, at 2:00...which they lost.  They have one more game, tomorrow, as well.

When I was all done with the kids, for the day, I came home and ran.  I just did 6 miles on the treadmill and, now, I think I'm going to go lie down and maybe have a beer or something.

Okay--I'll let you all go.  See ya!

TammyinGP sorry to hear that was the outcome. Very sad.

stumpy77 one word app "Weatherbug"! 

Henrun my gag is I tell people I am suffering from O.L.D. 

Jlynne we have been really lucky here in New England this winter with (for January) generally warm temperatures. Sort of makes up for the last two that were super miserable.

deez4boyz be good to those legs! I need you healthy by September! The Rose Ruiz Relay team's 10 anniversary is coming up!

buehrle nice of you to play water station (even if unmanned) for your running group.

Dave59 now that is my kind of winter weather!

My DW and her friend went off for what can only be described as a brutally hilly run! But they did it. While they were gone I tried an experimental recipe I have been thinking of making for some time. I modified my banana with coco liquor bread and instead made a pineapple and beach plum gin bread. AWSOME! The problem is you need to get a bottle of beach plum gin and the place that makes it is a tiny distillery in Brooklyn. If you live in the area you can get some, but I am not sure where else it might be available. If you ever had slow plum gin in England then you have the basic idea as to what it tastes like.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

Tammy, really sorry.  I was emailing wit an ultra running friend yesterday and told him; just so sad and a reminder to us all again as to the obvious about life. And what's important.

All off schedule today.  Took advantage of really cool temps and didn't even start my run until 9 am.  Or so.

18+ miles and then mundane chores, etc., and made DH a pizza for supper.

Sad the NOLA trip isn't as planned, but what Holly said...

Get better deez, rest up on your 'cation.

HBO is much overated (we have free trial).

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I woke up, this morning, fully intending on going in to work, to work on a project that my boss has committed us to starting wall panel production on a week from Monday.  It is completely on my shoulders to get it ready and I have no idea how I am expected to get it done ij the amount of time I was given.  But, do you know what I did instead?  I hung out at with the grandkids all day.

Good for you!

Tammy - that is so sad.

Carolyn - I would need either a 10.6 mile run or a 20.6 mile run.  I think I will end up somewhere in between.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I could not get logged in here yesterday for some reason.

5 mile easy flat run Sat. Pretty much recovered from my 19 on Tues. The quads stopped hurting.

I read a few of us are trying to lose a few lbs before a race. I am aiming to lose 5lbs before the Shamrock. I heard that for every 1lb weight lost you run 10 seconds faster per mile. Not sure how true this is.

I am trying to find a relay partner for the Vermont City Marathon in May. Anyone want to relay the full for 13 miles each? Its a unique course sort of clover shaped which makes the relay logistics easy. http://www.vermontcitymarathon.org/relay/register/

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.