Masters Running

Friday, May 30th Daily (Read 543 times)

Evryday – OF COURSE there’s a month reserved for you on the calendar as well…
    Ahh, shucks. Holly. < ducks="" head="" and="" kicks="" toe="" into="" dirt="" /> Blush A hot 3 miles @ 10:16 pace. Sucked down several cottonwood blooms. Other than that it was a cracker of a run.... Good runs to all, and evryone have a great weekend! MTA...nice fish riblet!
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Hello again, The photo of Riblet is marvelous. He is one great looking kid---must take after The Saint in the looks department. Evil grin --- she says sprinting behind the desk to avoid any ire. Seriously, great photo and clearly a great fishing adventure. Cool that you and your boys had a great day Ribs. I wanted to log back on after reading Mariposai's post. Did they really say you are not "it"? That's awful and less than professional I think. I am fine with being direct and many clients call me and my colleagues tough love consultants. That said, we focus on the work and the context---not the person. Their response seems far too judgmental and clearly they don't deserve you. Hang tough now and at least you know and are no longer wondering. Your integrity and thoughtfulness shows through loud and clear Mariposai as you described the letter as nice. Okay, sound of soapbox being dragged across the floor to go back into its storage cabinet. Can you tell I had a nice tall glass of wine tonight (with some lovely chicken paprika prepared in the slow cooker by Mr. CNYrunner)....feeling feisty just now. G'nite all Karin/CNYrunner
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Vista--sorry I missed your very accurate description before I added mine. At least I can say that my Forestery school education is useful once in a while Wink Tall--I would have loved to still be one, but there is the slight probelm of not many jobs and when you found one they didn't pay well. But if I'd found one , I think I'd still be there

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Mariposai, that's ok. I think there's something else waiting for you that's much much better. That inquisition was just a warm up! Gotta water my plants and high tail it out of here. Chalk today up as being about the most unproductive day at work I've ever spent. Not sure if that's cause for Big grin or Embarrassed but it is what it is. Just hard to concentrate when it's sooo nice and sunny outside with all the crap weather we've had the last week or so.
            first - sorry i haven't been very good about posting lately -- try to keep up with the reading and comments on the race reports but haven't been so motivated to post in the dailies-- hope i get out of this slump soon!! went for an MRI of my back tonight -- so we'll see if something is going on that needs different treatment or if i just need to be patient and continue with my PT, chiro and massage treatments -- who knows - maybe i'll throw accupuncture into the mix too - i'll try anything!! i did run track wed. night - here was our workout: Group I (letter) 1. 2 laps of 100 meters strides - jog the corners 2. 1200 ( 3 laps ) 6:30-6:40 (2:10-2:13 a lap ) Rest: 200 rest as 100 walk- 100 jog 3. 400 at 2:07 with 200 rest in 2:10 min or less 4. 600 (1.5 laps) at 3:10 (2:07/400) with 200 rest in 2:10 min or less 5. 800 at 4:15-4:20 (2:07-2:10/400) with 200 meter walk for rest 6. 800 at 4:15 (2:07/400) with 1 lap Rest as 100 walk-100 jog 7. 600 at 3:07 (2:05/400) with 200 rest as 100 walk-100 jog 8. 400 at 2:02 sec with 90 sec rest - stationary 9. 3 x 200 at 58-60 with 60 sec stationary rest NOTE: If racing on weekend - SKIP # 9 i kept up ok but did slow down as i needed -- could feel some pinching in the sciatic nerve area but not too bad -- took alleve, stretched and iced later that evening today did PT and did 3.25 miles (approx. because my garmin is not working Angry) - did 20 min running, 5 min walking, 15 minutes running --- feeling ok .........PT's suggestion is to not race or run hard but try to do shorter runs at a slower pace for now -- he wants to see me run outside with him before my last visit to check my form outside rather than the treadmill since that is where we most often run right anyway -- sorry i can't comment on all - i do love reading and keeping up with everyone tho!! have a wonderful, happy ,healthy weekend friends!!

denise

Vista--sorry I missed your very accurate description before I added mine. At least I can say that my Forestery school education is useful once in a while Wink
              Were you referring to my statement about putting my foot in my mouth or about the mouth of the bass in relation to its' eye?.....lol A nice and somewhat fast 3.41 miles for me this evening. The temperature was 80 degrees and just perfect for me for running. If I had not had a supper engagement, I would have run longer. I am with CNYrunner on the language used for your letter Mariposai. There are ways to say things and that definitely was NOT the way to let you know that they were not going to utilize your services. Anyway, there is a better place for you.
              Vista
                Rest day for me today after racing last night, but did ride a bike to and from school today which always makes my legs feel good after a hard run. Made it home in time to flip on the Cubs game and catch their drmatic comeback against the Rockies. Tallrunner thanks for the bodyguard help. I am going to be up your way on vacation in mid July. If you don't mind slowing down for a day perhaps a run. My folks have a place near Perth and it has been way too long since I have made it to Ottawa. DW has never been and I am sure she would love it.
                wildchild

Carolyn

Vista- 80 degrees isn't perfect - it's hot! 65 is pushing too hot for me! Thanks for starting us off with a Smile Nono, good luck with the move. I'm sure Holly can commiserate. But having a new home will be fun when you get moved in! Hey, I'll be in NJ over Father's Day weekend , but unfortunately not near Cape May. We're going to Moorestown to visit my in-laws. I'll take a rain check on the hot tub party... CNYrunner, that's awesome that your superkid hit a homer with the bases loaded, and you made it in time to watch! Proud mama moment, for sure. Twocat, you really ran 18 miles two days before a half marathon? Wow. Dave 59 and Deez4boys - sorry you both are having back trouble. Get well soon! Teresa, congrats on the 11.5 mile run. Your progress is steady and you're always so upbeat! Erika, how did your foot feel on your test run? Ribs, I never had bass. Is it good? As good as halibut? Tall, that ultimate XC race sounds tough. And so do you! Mariposa, you will find something better. It's their loss. I went out for 5.4 fairly sproinky hilly miles this afternoon. It was about 60 degrees, a bit warm, but not bad. I left the doggies home because they would overheat. When the sun came out from the clouds it sucked the sproink out of my legs, but it was mostly overcast, so it was OK. There's an inverse relationship between sunshine and sproink!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Craneium, Absolutely would love to run with you. Perth is a lovely town and only about 40 minutes from where I live in the suburbs of Ottawa. I would be happy to come down your way as necessary. My email address is fguay@rogers.com feel free to contact me and I can give you further coordinates. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

evanflein

4.1 miles tonight on my hilly dirt roads by home. Didn't really want the hills, but wanted the dirt road so... that's what you get. Foot felt awesome, no problems at all. Funny thing was... after 4 days off running, I felt sort of creaky and awkward... left knee hurt a bit first 3 miles. I really dislike short runs cuz it takes me at least 3 to get warmed up. Sure enuf... my last mile was my best. Foot is fine (Thanks Teresa and WildChild!), but I've got it on the ice pack now just in case. I'm planning on running on some trails while the boys are doing their soccer scrimmage tomorrow. I hope the foot feels fine in the morning.
                      SteveP

Thanks for the update on your brother Vista. It was a year ago this week, Mom nearly lost her leg. We talk to a number of Drs..One said that maybe he could save it. Our reasoning was it could always be removed later. Once it was gone, there's no going back. Columbus Indiana rocks BikeTM. On route to our honeymoon, DW and I made a side trip there. She was glad she did. The kewl thing about doing an inaugural race is that you can brag that you've been in it ever since the race started.
                        Biketm – I’m running the Columbus Marathon,
                        Oh! Columbus Ohio.....I'm not as fond of that place Reading Mariposai's received letter had me shaking my head. In addition to being unprofessional, there is a childish quiality...like.."My mom and your mom were hanging up clothes.......and you are not it." It was mentioned that it was your loss....However, the caliber of the letter got a friends's Spidersenses going into over drive. I feel bad for the person who excells in that position. 3.5 miles with our grandson in the baby jogger. It's the first time we used it. He turned 4 months old today, so we had ice cream to celibrate. Chocolate ice cream stains??? DW and DD were less than amused. <shrugs>. How was I possa know? Anyway, a bit of advice to others in a similar situation: Mom's don't feel better if you tell them the stain is blood and not ice cream. Live and learn.</shrugs>

SteveP