Masters Running

Saturday, 9.6.14 (Read 42 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Jay--good luck in your race!

It's a good thing you left a little early for your race, Posie...hope that copilot shows up before Friday.

It's kind of fun to just go out and run with no real plan, huh, Slo?  Well...I think it would be...I've never actually done it.

tet...you fall asleep in the dentist chair? Very impressive.  Actually...at you age...I'm kind of impressed that you still have teeth.

Hey shadow--yeah--it was pretty humid for me, too...but fairly cool, so it wasn't quite as bad.  Nice 14 miler, though.

Jlynne--you're hilarious.  You should feel right at home at that tough mudder...being the tough mudder that you are.

tomwhite!  It ain't noce to leave us hangin'!  What is it?!

Yep, stumpy--you said it.

Congratulations to The Saint!  You must be so proud of her, Ribs...I wonder how she feels about you?

I know this already been said, Starr, but--WOW!  That is amazing for both of you.  Congratulations!  Keep it going!  Good luck, tomorrow!

Tom--you just keep plugging along, don't you?  Nice run.

Have a nice run, today, Erika, no matter what you decide.  I can't wait to hear how you do at Equinox.

Today--after a long and frustrating day, yesterday, that I won't bore you all with--I met the cross country coach's wife out at the nature center for my 4 hour run.  This woman went 22 miles with me and she looked strong all the way!  She left me with about another 45 minutes to go and I managed to get another 4.2 miles in for a  total of 26.2 miles at 4:00:04.

Okay--that's it--I have a full day of stuff to get done.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow ! Star !

What an awesome job. You both look fantastic!

Yes!  Well done!

Jlynne - good luck!

Ribs - the Saint is catching you....great job to her and to you as well, even if it was not your best.day...

I am sitting in a comfy chair outside of the expo In CantoN.  my friends don't understand the need to be off of your feet before a marathon.....(:

Nancy - hope you get tbere soon....

posting from my phone.....

1.8 miles this morning with some striders...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai's flight was supposed to arrive just before 3pm. Then it was delayed at takeoff due to an AWOL copilot. Really, how does that happen?! Then the flight was supposed to land at 5:08pm. It is now 5:36pm and I am waiting for it to land.  Can United possibly update what they are reporting? Clearly no. Then people wonder why passengers throw fits.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

hi guys//.............jay, Claire is visiting and has a Riddle for you......

What loses a Head every morning

and

gets it back every night??

===========

... a pillow...........

W0W mr and mrs starr//....Congratulations.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Had to jump back in here for Starr.  I am so impressed, and proud of you both for what you have done for your health, fitness and love for each other. The pics speak for themselves. You go Starr!

Mike E. and Holly, thank you.  You all know that in our marriage, I was "the runner" and I sure have my share of wins, medals, trophies and all that. But watching my wife blossom like this is a thrill for me. We are bantering about it like crazy as you might guess but it is so much fun.  After dinner, Hudson asks me, "Dad, when will you start training and try to win like Mom?"  Oh, they are having a blast with this!

But just wait til she finds out that we have a surprise guest when we get to Mexico!  Spareribs

BTY

My wife threw me a surprise 50th birthday party today - I was completely surprised!!!  

WOW!!!!  Starr and Mr Starr!!!  You both look fantastic!!

Congrats to the Saint!!

Posai - so close yet so far!!  I CANNOT wait until Thursday!! It's going to be tough working my 3 12's Mon/Tues/Wed!!

BTY - so fun!!  Happy Surprise!!

Ran 16.2 in the humidity today -- my own fault to a degree as I fell back asleep and didnt get myself out of the camper until 8am!!  Way too late for the predicted forecast, but I got it done and still managed a fast last mile (well fast relatively speaking compared to the rest of my miles)

Had a fun, relaxing day at the campground with dh and friends -- so thankful for these days!!

Happy September friends!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

My wife threw me a surprise 50th birthday party today - I was completely surprised!!!  

You didn't know you were 50?  Happy Birthday!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. We both do feel a lot better and enjoy activities that we never have, like road biking. Kayaking could be next. We are definitely "closer" together now too.  We certainly could not have achieved success in this alone, that is for sure.

MikeE implied that I should keep going, hmmm, I do have a few more I could lose, but I am so ready for that class reunion on Saturday in my little red/black dress -- school colors, of course.  I guess I had better get to sleep for the big day tomorrow. After eating like this for six months, no pasta or bread or cereal, it was challenging to find the right meals for today and yesterday. Bagels, peanut  butter, bananas, toast, grilled cheese& ham, toast &jam' yogurt, a sweeTango apple. Dessert was 3  OREOs and some ice cream and chocolate.  Sweet dreams Oh- that is the name of the ice scream we eat!  Sweet dreams for everyone, everyone at BTY's party can have sweet freedom too. No, that's what it is, Sweet Freedom, everyone can have that.  Good night all sweet freedom. I truly am free but that is another day. Sweat dreams, g'night?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

I finally did make it to La Guardia and Twocat was so patiently waiting for me. We got to their house and as always i have been showered with warm welcome and love. Ohhh and I also had some doggies play time

Ohh, i think twocat should quit his job and open a restaurant.  His dinner tonight was amazing.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

BTY

Actually the surprise worked as well as it did because my 50th isn't until the 22nd. It was a Dilbert themed party and my wife has been taking ties out of my closet for several weeks and putting metal hangers in them for effect. Everyone in attendance had on a special Dilbert tie when they jumped out. My wife was wearing Alice hair. It was just a riot. Since I was returning home after spending a Saturday afternoon cleaning my cubicle of all things, it was just perfect.

I'm so glad that the weather broke yesterday. At race time at the xc meet, it was already mid-80s, sunny and humid. That's not normal for September or even summertime in general around here. Rain came in last night and it'll be at least 20 degrees cooler at 830 for the 10k.

I'm up at 430, but not by design, though I'll have a better chance at race day registration if I get there by 7. Plenty of time for everything to digest too.

Oh, and before I forget, I know some of you are good friends IRL and also go off on other sites and talk trash about the people who post on here but don't fit in so to speak. That's how it is on most sites so it shouldn't surprise anyone. But don't think it's okay to do so because you talk all sweet to the specially favored ones here - it just sort of makes you a mean girl, which is unfortunate when you are supposed to be grownups.

Have a great day - and go ahead and tell me it doesn't really happen and make yourselves feel better.

SteveP

It's nice the world has friends from Peabody, MA. Sunday there is a 5K at 6PM to buck up some bucks for Special Olympics.

East Coast is braced for butterfly wings.

Oh My Gosh JLynne.

Wow Starr!!!

Nice 8 TomS

I can see a Ribs' Family Comedy called "Burned By Hudson".

I hope your 50th will be a cherished event BTY. I feel bad about your last paragraph. Of course people can appear cliquey. It's part of the human condition. When I'm off site, I think about how TW and his family (how's Pickles?), with out Tet, I never would have went to the starting line of my last 1/2. I get amazed at how quickly Holly's kids and JLynne's grand babies are growing up. Consequently, when I log on, there are some people who catch my attention more quickly than others. When I don't notice a newcomer right off, I feel badly because I was a newcomer at one time. Every group does need new comers. On the occasions I feel that I don't fit in, it's my insecurities. The miles are laen now, however, I've paid as many running dues as anyone else here. Just the same as anyone else who pops in.

I took DW along some of the routes I drive so maybe she can understand one of the reasons I stayed with my current company.

This is near Lake Huron.

This is overlooking Lake MI.

One of our customers donated the land here for a nature preserve. When making the delivery, I had to back a 32' truck into their drive for over a mile.

The sun is blocking a ship wreck 200 ft off of shore. Same property.

Tag and I got 4 miles in...Slow slow miles..We got out and they are in the books.

SteveP