Masters Running

And along came Friday, 11.6.15 (Read 29 times)

I find it hilarious that you traveled to a foreign third-world country and got food poisoning on the airplane back.....   But I do hope you feel better now.  That sounds like an amazing trip!  I hope you dedicate a thread to some pictures from the trip.

Ironic, isn't it?  Especially considering when we were at the outlying safari lodges, none of the open salad dressings or butter was kept refrigerated because electricity was spotty and refrigeration was a precious commodity.

Yep, once I plow through the pics, I'll get some posted.  For what it's worth now, we saw THE BIGGEST ELEPHANT I have ever seen in my life at Hwange National Park.  She was HUGE, approximately 45-50 years old . . . and absolutely beautiful.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Leslie, I'm looking forward to seeing your [edited] Africa pictures! 

Milktruck and Jay, that looks like a beautiful course - if only it wasn't paved!   That "big" hill at the end looks tiny, though...

Holly, yay for running!

Tet - have fun at the marathon tomorrow!  I met Rod Dixon a few years ago at Lorraine Moller's house in Boulder - a bunch of Kiwi Olympic winners were there.  She had her Olympic medal hanging on her mantel!

Well, I drove out to Utah today, through a snowstorm on Vail Pass. for the Moab trail marathon tomorrow.  The weather here is much better than at home, but still kind of chilly.  I'm debating whether to wear long sleeves or short sleeves tomorrow...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

I can'twait to see the pictures of your trip, Leslie.

Milktruck, thanks for the video.  That course is lovely.  I wish I live closer to be able to run it.

Aamos, how about  Portland,  OR, in October 2016?

No running today for my wings and the weekend does not look promising either. Massive dead line at work on Monday, but DH and I will go to pig roast and cider press party in the afternoon.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Just want to say I am so glad we had the Charlevoix meet up and give a special shout out to tselbs, who is a gent among gents

Me, too!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck tet and wild!

I'm kind of surprised at Holly...thinking it's hilarious that Leslie got food poisoning...

SteveP

Good for you regarding the Bandit, Jay. Mention the unregistered runner should at least have the decency to not cross the finish line.

I agree with Ribs. I like hear how people can fit running into a work week, while still being a spouse, parent and member of the community. Happy for your three miler.

I am picturing people on the sidelines armed with giant sling-shots loaded with water balloons to take out the bandits.

I was thinking paint ball.

I think warthogs on a trail would freak Tag out. I know it would me.

SteveP

moebo

I ran on Fri--4.1 miles--but won't be running again until Sunday, so I figured I'd just add a late post here.

Leslie, glad you had such a great trip! I would love to see pictures, too.

Good luck,  tet and wild!

Sneaking in a link to an article that a colleague gave me to read yesterday. It's another one of those "too much exercise is not good for you" studies, worth knowing about but probably not going to deter anyone who loves endurance...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-potential-cardiac-dangers-of-extreme-exercise-1446681536

Marathon Maniac #957

"Compared with the control group, the study found significantly lower levels of coronary calcium in the slowest men and women. In women, those levels rose as speed increased, though not to the levels of the relatively sedentary control group."

Moebo - I like the quote above.  Since I am so darn slow, I am probably safe....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

moebo

Holly, that was my reaction exactly!

Holly, that was my reaction exactly!

MIne, too!!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance