Masters Running

Frozen Locust Friday 3/20 (Read 37 times)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Ditch jumping and everything.   

I still don't let him drive the car.  Smile

(Do you know that was seven years ago?  Jeez.  What a lot of water under the bridge.)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Tammy--my heart was pounding as I read your report on David.  I can't wait to hear about his next race.

And--Skip in the hospital?  Our Skip?  Somebody has to recap that whole relay race story.

I went for 8 tonight...1:03:44.  I just realized, last night, that tomorrow will be my last long run before my marathon.  Man, the time is flying by.  I am so under trained for this one, it's ridiculous.  Oh, well...I'll do what I can.

Good luck to all the racers, this weekend.  I'm blowing off a team race on Sunday...I feel bad, but I would only hurt myself if I went.

Okay--gotta go.  I have to get up early and get into work in the morning.

King of PhotoShop

No running all week, but lots of stretching and core at the Washington Athletic Club all week. The work here was a home run and the client is very happy, which made all the difference for me.

You can't fly from the PNW to Dallas after the workday, unfortunately, so I am at the Sea-Tac Marriott tonight and will fly out first thing in the morning. Sure miss my family. Spareribs

evanflein

Yeah, we should find that race report link. Was that here or on CR? I've completely lost my sense of time... 7 years, really?? So that must've been right before my first Boston.

Good week in Seattle, Ribs, but yes that is a long time to be away from home. No run at all? Really? That waterfront run is so nice....

What a gorgeous day here. The only downside is all the slush and soft (formerly) hardpack. DH and I went in to the local lab for our fasting bloodwork this morning, then I took him to his office and I went shopping. The good thing about a Friday off (work holiday) is I can get so much of my Saturday errands and whatnot done so my Saturday is pretty open. I like that.

I ran from home to get some hills in my diet. It got up to 48° in town today, but I'm sure it was over 50° today when I went for my run. Roads were a slushy, muddy mess. That's the last run on the local roads till things melt off and dry out a bit. Oy, sort of a struggle in that sloppy mess. Still, I got a good 6.2 miles in and it was great to be out in the sunshine.

Mariposai

Great picture of the yesteryear.... I long to see a picture of bAAby one of this days here.

Sad to see that the Wiseone was in WA State, so close to my wings, but yet...so far away to hang out with him.

Enjoy your last looong run before your marathon, MikeE.

Speaking of last long run, I ran 4 miles this early morning and tomorrow will be my last long run before Boston. Five weeks out, but due to family plans is the only time I can fit in that looonggg last run.

Cheers,

Mariposai.

BTW, fottazzig, I love that butterfly winged girl.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

BTW, fottazzig, I love that butterfly winged girl.

I thought that was you.

Marathon Maniac #957

I got the results of Tuesday's calcium scoring CT and it is not only worse than I expected, it's a lot worse. Will have to wait to see the doc to see exactly what this means.

Roch - keep us posted, okay?

Twocat -

70 minutes on the bike trainer for me on Friday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

No frozen locust but soring flowers here.

Every tall runner sighting is great.

My nephew (17) and niece (14) were in Mt Pleasant. It's in the middle of Michigan's Lower Peninsula. They were in a regional indoor track meet. They both took 3rd in the mile.

That's no good Roch.

Thank you TwoCat. A good part of the time, I have writer's block, much to the dog's chagrin.

SteveP