Masters Running

wanna see what I did today? (Read 266 times)

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Congratulations Mariposai! Knocking 4 minutes of a 5K pr is amazing! Nice job of the mental game as well, usually the harder part!
    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
    also on Twitter
    wildchild

Carolyn

Awesome! 4 minutes off a 5K PR is huge! (hugh? Big grin) Well done. Hope your hair didn't get too burned.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Geez - a 4 minute PR and you ran the course twice? - sounds like you are getting younger and faster! Ray
          Mariposai...what a great race! A 4 minute PR....are you kidding me?! Shocked Shocked And AG and overall placing....FANTASTIC!!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          btb1490

Mariposai, I'm shaking my head in awe at your performance! On fire is right! Well done, and the best is yet to come!
              A 4 minute PR. WoW..Congratulations on a fantastic race. Your training and dedication have sure provided effort. Keep it up. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

PJH

Terrific run, Mariposai! That's a huge PR! I like the way you broke that last 1.5 miles into pieces and conquered them one at a time. I think there's a kid named Ryan Hall who subscribes to that theory. Smile Continued great running! PJ
                huskydon

3rd place overall? 2nd in AG? Wow! You done good! Congratulations, speedy! huskydon

Top 'O the World!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{WOO-HOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! }}}}}}}}}}}}} at this rate, you'll need to add a fire extinguisher to your race gear! Wink
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Oh wow! That's a HUGE PR for a 5k. I like your strategy. Mind if I borrow it for my next 5K? I want to be just like you! BIG Congrats.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai - a 4-minute PR in a 5K - wow, that's awesome! Well done, speedy lady! You sure you weren't actually using your wings? Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."