Masters Running

Thursday - 2/12 (Read 35 times)

Denise, that sounds like an injury that's at least worth a free iPhone! And it doesn't sound like you're in an eating funk but rather an eating frenzy! Hard to curb at this time of year, and don't ask me how I know.

Seriously on both accounts!!  My toes hurt awful and turned totally purple - should have played it up even more .... and this is an eating frenzy but tomorrow is another day!!

denise

Dave59

Dave, what race are you doing? I had a friend who was thinking of going up to Boyne to ski this weekend -- until he saw the Sunday forecast for -15F (and that's not wind chill!).

Winter Warriors Series in Mt. Pleasant

I am going to buy a bunch of $5 Starbucks gift certificates and pass them out to the volunteers.

I am going to buy a bunch of $5 Starbucks gift certificates and pass them out to the volunteers.

Good going! This will be SO appreciated!! 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I am supposed to run a half marathon on Sunday but I am still sore from the one I ran a few weeks ago so I decided to switch to the 10k.  Then I saw the forecast for Sunday morning is for -10° and I think maybe the 5k is calling my name.

Dave - you couldn't even get me out the door at that temp.

I am going to give glasses.com a big plug, and I have no stock in their company, but I am so impressed with them.  My eye doctor's cheapest option for no-line bifocals was $275+.  At glasses.com, I was able to get the pair I wanted, rimless polycarbonate no-line bifocals with the anti-glare feature for only $178 - tax, shipping, etc. all included.  Plus, I downloaded the app where you could try on the glasses virtually, which was pretty cool.  I ordered the glasses on Saturday, took a picture of my prescription and texted them, got an immediate and very friendly response.  The glasses arrived on Tuesday with a very friendly message about easy return policy if I am not totally happy.  You can even have them ship you various frames to try on in your home.  Just struck me as great customer service.

Anyway, back to running stuff.  I know you all here will understand taking a vacation day to get your LR in, right? Well, DH and I are leaving early Saturday morning for an overnight in Kentucky, so my running is iffy, and plus we are dropping into single digits tonight, so I took today off to get my LR in.  However, while 23 degrees is better than 8 degrees, the 25mph winds were brutal up on the levee.  My hand warmers were not up to the challenge, and by mile 10 my hands were frozen. I turned back home and finished on the TM.

18 miles total - 13 outside and 5 on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That really is a great idea!  I might just have to do that someday.

You all are running so well, these days!  Keep it up!

That's all I got.  Gotta go!  See ya!

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Ah, Coach has relented on the 3h Sunday ride.

Instead, he's assigned a 2h Sufferfest video called, "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time."  His instructions:

"Suffer like champ... and dance on their chamois.  We do chamois dance."

Ai, yi, yi.

Mariposai

Another fascinating thread today.

I just love the way we intertwine life, running and this and other things to this thread.

9 miles for me tonight. 5 chasing the Easy Pacer, who is running too fast for me to keep up with him now days plus 4 miles in the dark with my guardian angel ensuring I was safe.

This was a long day for me. I did a presentation to a local civic group this morning at 6:30am asking for their donation and provision of volunteers for the day of the race of the Orchards in Bloom. Great day, indeed.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hey Mike you'd better get ready for cold because we're warming up this week and into next, so that must mean you've got cold temps coming!

It was a bit colder today but not bad, especially considering the -30's and colder last week! So... after work I ran a hilly 5.1 miles in temps ranging from 5 to 10°. Works for me, and this weekend will see 20's and all into next week. Yay!

Holly, I'd thought about doing a "Holly Long Run" after my miles outside, to finish up on the TM to get at least 12 for the day, but I decided I was done. It takes a lot of willpower to change out into indoor duds and continue the run. I obviously don't have that willpower.

Sal, seems like a lot after your Sufferlandia challenge last week. Glad you got a wee bit of a reprieve (?) .

Steve P, words well spoken. Just because someone is over 18 (or 20, or 25, or 30, whatever), is no indication of their "adult" status. I hope your next supervisor is adult and acceptable.

Dave, I have to say, I'm with Holly on racing at all at negative temps. Good for you if you do it. If you don't, none of us will give you grief.

Denise, every now and then, you gotta just let it go. But not for too long. I know how hard it is though. I've definitely been indulging too much the last couple months. Feeling a bit "fluffy" going  into late winter.... (and DH makes awesome banana bread and I lose all control....).

SteveP

Lower back and hips (especially my right hip) has been sore for a while.  It seems like a lot of work to run, like someone is holding me back, or I have a parachute tied on me.  Since work is driving me crazy I made an appointment with a crazy doctor this afternoon to see what he says.  I think he is part chiropractor, quack, and dietician.

My appointment is on Monday. Very sweet about the Starbucks cards. Very nice.

AAmos is making me learn new words again. My brain is sad.

Have fun Leslie.

who knew there is something called the main breaker switch that lives OUTSIDE the home?

I had of course checked the breaker box inside.........

Everyone set for tomorrow?  Put away the ladders and all.....

I may be dating myself. I had some neighbors who were sure the new apocalypse was dawning during Y2K. Every time I passed there outdoor breaker box, I had ideas. At midnight Dec, 31st 1999...I really struggled. I'm sure that God has his watch set on Eastern Standard time.

My life changed on Friday, Feb 13th 1998 as I quit drinking that day and now lead a normal life.

SteveP