Masters Running

The agony of defeat 10K RR (Read 362 times)

Tramps

Tough race...and you're tough to have forged ahead through that. Ouch. Good job not giving up and turning in an excellent time nonetheless. Nice pic, too!

Be safe. Be kind.

A new PR and this is the "agony of defeat?" Man, give me some more defeats! Congratulations.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

arf

MM #405

YAY ENKE! Don't side-stitches just suck Angry Nice job on gutting it out, (pun intended Big grin) Nice photo of the three athletes! Hope to see you soon, are you running Seattle in November? arf

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

You are so tough Enke! Those side stitches are just horrible - but you pulled through it and still finished with a great time. Congratulations!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Enke! How frustrating! I had a side stitch like that at Boston that plagued me for about 4 miles. They're so annoying, too, since I never seem to know when I'll get one and when I won't. You came pretty darn close, even with that, though, so you are definitely in better shape this year. Is there another 10K coming up soon that you could try again, see if you can run it side-stitch-free?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The Jogger

Nice going Enke, you are brave to carry on like you did with a nice surprise at the end to finish a progression race. Nice one and well done Roy
                I hate side stitches--so glad to learn from Econo about bending over and tying your shoes--do you keep your knees straight? I heard punch yourself in the side, which invites having a Race Official stop you for performing self-abuse on the course, not to mention, it hurts! Good gutting it out there. I agree with Jon--y'all look fantastic and as if the race is about to start. grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                evanflein

Oh I hate side stitches! Good job on overcoming that stinker and you really did almost get your PR...! Next time, ok? That's a great picture, thanks for posting it! Jon looks very satisfied with his company!
                  Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Enke , Very well written, accurate RR, I can vouch for that! Smile It is really too bad, you got the dreaded stitch and missed you goal by a fraction. You know, though, you have it in you to smash that 2007 result at the next 10K. Dawg Dash next week? I won't be there and I'm sorry I'll miss the race , it is a nice course , a bit hillier but at least you get to enjoy the downhills too! I'm glad we got some time to chat and we managed to find Jon pre and after race ( and you even during!) Francesca