Masters Running

Turkey Day, 11.26.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I wish you all great runs/races today, stressless days, and good eats.

Twocat, I've been to those meetings...

5.8 RW miles in 36F temps, under overcast skies, and with a light breeze. This was the closest to a pain-free workout that I've had in months, so I was very happy with it. I even pushed the pace for the last mile or so and still felt pretty good. I'll be heading out in a bit for my volunteer stint at the local turkey trot, and then DW and I have a mess of prep and cooking to do. The fam is arriving sometime later today, and we'll be having our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I don't think it makes much difference which day it is, as long as the spirit of the holiday prevails. I know that we'll be missing out on the Black Friday shopping craziness, and I'm perfectly fine with that - I would much rather spend the time with family and friends...

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!  Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm not running, today.  I went 10 miles, last night, with a 6 mile tempo run thrown in the middle just fo fun.

Except for Larva's and Mikey's families, and Ryan (and maybe Eric) everybody will be coming over for dinner, today.  That still leaves 24 of us here to eat and watch some football.

Okay--I guess that's it.  Have a great day!  See ya!

Sayhey! MM#130

O Jay, glad for your almost pain free stint today.  Good news!

Great 5K here, DH and I enjoying some coffee at SB before heading home.  On my post race run, came upon a gathering of marsh birds, including another wood stork and some roseate spoonbills.

Happy day; will check in later to see how everyone's doing  (and if Holly's DD got up in time!)

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Happy Thanksgiving friends!!

Volunteered in the VIP room at Feaster Five, ran the 5 mile with a friend - we wore tiaras, necklaces and blue (blue gloves for me) for our friend Kim who has a rare mitochondrial disease. Now, let the feasting begin!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Turkey Day from Wakefield!  Hope your day is pleasant and filled with good things.

didn't do a turkey trot today, but did 5 miles around the lake, going the opposite direction from the official trot.  When I passed the leader, he was flying well ahead of the pack.  By the time I got around to the back of the pack (around the halfway mark) there were a good number of people who looked like they were deeply regretting their choice to run this morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks and Happy Thanksgiving!

The weather was one of the best Turkey Trot forecasts I have run - 49 degrees and a bit windy.  I had low expectations due to my lack of running lately but did better than I expected, and I was happy with the result.  Also, I love running the Turkey Trot because there are so many not-very-often runners that I look really fast!

Finishing time: 44:21 (8:53)

OA: 1822 / 7846 finishers

AG:  18 / 278

There were apparently nearly 10,000 registered between the five mile and one mile events, setting a new record - very cool.  DD ran the one mile with a friend and had a good time, and is now napping on the sofa.

Our guests should be arriving soon, so I am off to pop the ham in the oven, and all the other dishes are mostly ready.

I want to say that I am thankful to each and every one of you - you add such value to my life, even from a distance. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Aamos, great picture of the endangered stork.  How neat to see one.  Good racing Aamos, deez, and Holly.  (and any others I missed)  Nice long run Mike.

We had a great thanksgiving with our kids last night.  I will be leaving momentarily to go to my daughter and son in law's to help out for a couple of days with their kitchen renovation.  They've got the kitchen stripped to the studs.  Hopefully, I can help them put a dent in the renovation.  I don't think they know how big a job they've taken on.

This morning, it was in the mid 40s and there was a light wind.  I did 5 miles around my son's at an 11:17 pace.

I trust all have had/are having/will have a fantastic thanksgiving.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

I am thankful for this group.

Six miles for my wings on the TM before we drove 5 hours with the already cooked turkey to Pullman to have dinner with our son Daniel.  Lovely time we are having.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
                    I had one in Pullman once too with DD in her college days.
                    Any snow on the ground?

I wonder if the man-jester still does tne manchester?

After Thanksgiving dinner <<<( turkey, sweet potatoes, baked russets, stuffing, string beans, sweet peas, corn, beets, cranberry, salad, refreshments, etc.)>>> II’m glad there’s an extra mile in tomorrow’s Wishbone 27-mile Turkeython.  Better yet, I don’t know where the stready-to-drenching rains of the last three marathons weekends have gone but they’re not here anymore.  Clear skies and and last of the full moon’ll make it a little nippy just below freezing for the early start but up to mid-forties by the time I get done.  yippee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

moebo

Tet, have fun at your Turkeython! Sounds like the perfect way to make up for yesterday's excess...

I got out for 6 yesterday morning but didn't have any time to post because I was so busy cooking! BF and I just had my two kids and his DD and SIL, so we had a relatively low-key day. I love having my kids around, so that was really a treat for me.

Hope everyone had a nice day.