Masters Running

Need advice from wise ones.... (Read 174 times)

anachrotech

I posted this in Health and Nutrition but received no replies... Ran on Monday and joints were sore the rest of the week. Ran today for only 3 miles. I think I've narrowed down my problem - with my joints anyway. I used to wear New Balance 1122. I called them my Frankenshoes or Herman Munster shoes because of the way they look. Well New Balance went and "improved" them and their replacement is the 1123. The 1123s are a little prettier and not as "large" looking. I've had them since February. I've had my problems since February. Initially I attributed the issue to the flu that I had. I discovered lately when I put my retired 1122s, which I wear for everyday, my knees and hips feel better. I don't know what to do now. I just ordered what I think to be the last pair of 1122 in my size on the planet. I tried Asics last August and, though the shoes felt wonderful on my feet, the motion control was not what I required and I ended up with trochanter bursitis. My mileage for Feb, Mar, and April was only 25, 22, and 23 respectively. Cry If any of you have recommedations on a heavily cushioned shoe with maximum motion control, please feel free to give me your input. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    spacityrunner

I am not a wise one by any stretch. But, even tho I am a mild pronator with medium arch my feet like the Brooks Ariel (Beast in mens version). They are like bricks on your feet. I have tried other versions of many brands and my feet just don't like them and my body acts out when I wear them, so back to the bricks I go. Even if the running store gurus protest (which they will). If you have not tried the Brooks Ariel/Beast version, give 'em a whirl.

Trails Rock!

...sorry you're hurting, but a Good Cushion might help...... I LOVE my Adidas Adstar Cushion 6's........ ....probably the Best Shoe I've had in 40-years....... their ad says ''makes pavement feel like running on a Dirt Trail''... ....it's nice to finally read an ad that is absolutely true..... might wanna try a pair http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/shoefinder_detail/1,,s6-240-325-329-0-0-0-0-1235,00.html

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I do not have a shoe suggestion but rather a where to purchase suggestion. Sign up for VIP membership at Road Runner Sports. You can try (yes on the road) shoes for 30 days and if you do not like them send them back for a full refund. Next, buy 4 different shoes try them each for a week. Keep the one you like best and return the other three.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/