Masters Running

Little suggestion from a veteran RA member (Read 819 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I love the idea of a support group for 40+ runners. Why not rename it "Master's Running" or something like that without the "CR" reference. I'm sure you didn't mean to exclude the already existing RA members, and having a designation like that in the title contributes to the division we're feeling here in RA between "old" and "new" members. We're one big group - let's keep it that way! Welcome to RunningAHEAD. Smile Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

GreenMan

got it Wink
      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Head Procrastinator

Someone should fling Pie an email about this place. I think he'd like it but I don't have access to my outside email during the day. And good idea on the name change Wingz.
        ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks, guys. Now, since I'm only 35, I'll slink on out of here. Wink My main concern is my love of RA and wanting a harmonious relationship between oldtimers and newcomers. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Thanks, guys. Now, since I'm only 35, I'll slink on out of here. Wink My main concern is my love of RA and wanting a harmonious relationship between oldtimers and newcomers. Smile
            Hey, this is a nice way to welcome folks. Smile I like the way you word things. I hope that you pop in here often!
            LaVita
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The description for the group still reads like this group is mainly for CR, despite welcoming others. Y'all should change that as well. Others feel like they should not join in since they had not been previously over at CR: http://runningahead.com/forums/post/f886e24da97e4e2fa6e509e31c738646#focus Big grin
              Tramps

Good point, Trent. JJJ? JJJ? He's got to be around here somewhere. Wink

Be safe. Be kind.

Hey, this is a nice way to welcome folks. Smile I like the way you word things. I hope that you pop in here often!
                  There are a lot of nice people on this site, I have noticed -- I'm starting to begin to get the feel of it. But LaVitaDolce??? I don't know if I can get used to that handle. (just kidding -- great to see your pretty face here)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

GreenMan

OooooKaaaay Tongue Big grin
                    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

King of PhotoShop

Wow! That La Vita chick sure is adorable. Wonder who she is. Spareribs
                        YAY! SPARERIBS IS HERE! Big grin Dark Horse
                        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                          LaVita, I'm going to have a hard time not calling you "Rose." Dark Horse
                          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                            I'm gonna have trouble not calling her a VentiCinnamomDolce. Hi Darlin'!! Aija
                              LaVita, I'm going to have a hard time not calling you "Rose." Dark Horse
                              Hi Pals! Dark Horse, you can call me anything you want! My former handle had too many letters! Aija! Guess what. I gave up coffee after running The Breakers. (the coffee maker went on travel to California for two weeks, it was a good time to suffer with that 3 days long cold turkey headache) I like Janell's handle, don't you all? Hi Hally Hi Triple J Hi LouRunsForBeer! Hi Tramps Hi TrentFunkyMonkey and...Hello Handsome Spareribs!
                              LaVita
                                Found y'all! grins, A
                                Masters 2000 miles